Took delivery of a couple of 'CSS610-8G-2S+IN' yesterday, both came with 2.12 (not RC) ; googled a bit and ended up on this thread, saw you mentionned RC5 for the CSS610, there is now an RC6 available from the same thread mentionned by cholegm :
We have created a new testing version (rc6) which addresses some of the VLAN related problems, but the management connection from the SFP+ port is still being investigated. In some cases, it might help if you disable the RSTP on SFP+ ports and reboot the switch, but make sure there is no L2 loop on these ports. Let us know the results.
As for the VLANs, I would suggest trying these settings:
- Disable the "Add Information Option" under the System menu
- For access or untagged ports, use "VLAN Mode = optional", "VLAN Receive = only untagged" and specify the "Default VLAN ID".
- For the trunk or tagged ports, use "VLAN Mode = strict", "VLAN Receive = only tagged".
- Make sure to include all the necessary member ports for each VLAN ID under the VLANs menu.
In case you are using tagged VLAN for the device management, I would also recommend using a static IP configuration:
- Set "Address Acquisition = static" and configure "Static IP Address = x.x.x.x".
The rc6 version still contains some VLAN issues (e.g. when using "Allow From VLAN" or enabling "Add Information Option" in the System menu), so I would first suggest trying the above configuration. If you are still interested in upgrading, below are the latest testing versions:
for CSS610-8G-2S+ https://box.mikrotik.com/f/5daa1f8f216a4045b776/?dl=1
for CSS610-1Gi-7R-2S+ https://box.mikrotik.com/f/a72e315282d149eda481/?dl=1
This is the orginal thread if interested: viewtopic.php?p=839855