Community discussions

MikroTik App

jookraw
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

CSS610-8G-2S+ worse than a "dumb" switch? no vlan? Unstable SFP+ port?

Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:33 pm

Hello All,

like a few other users here I was surprised how bad the CSS610-8G-2S+ is (at least for now). Yesterday I got mine and went straight to installing it, in order to start using the 10g uplink to my server.
After a few hours of troubleshooting why I couldn't get DHCP on any device connected thru it.

Some things that I have noted, I had some VLANs tagged in the link from the router, but when capturing with Wireshark, I could see traffic from other VLANs coming without any tagging, which leads me to believe that was an issue with the switch itself.

How could MikroTik release a product that is practically unusable?
I had to remove all tagged VLANs from the router's uplink, after that the downstream devices started to get DHCP working.
I have also tried to assign a static IP to one device but was no luck until no tagged frames were present on any link.

We all need a solution for the issues present on this switch.
From the last "RC" firmware (rc6), which is more a Beta than a release candidate, still accessing the management from any SFP+ port is a hit or miss.

Also MikroTik needs to be more transparent on this issue, and quickly give us all a definitive solution, including the SwOS for this device on the download page.

JJT211
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: CSS610-8G-2S+ worse than a "dumb" switch? no vlan? Unstable SFP+ port?

Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:27 am

OMG, yea seriously!! Im LIVID

I got this switch with a specific project in mind and cannot believe this has been released without even the most basic VLAN functionality. Ive spent hours questioning my skills and sanity. Now I have to rethink this whole thing and try to come up with some BS explaination of why we cant move forward.

WTF Mikrotik?!?

jookraw
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: CSS610-8G-2S+ worse than a "dumb" switch? no vlan? Unstable SFP+ port?

Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:04 pm

OMG, yea seriously!! Im LIVID

I got this switch with a specific project in mind and cannot believe this has been released without even the most basic VLAN functionality. Ive spent hours questioning my skills and sanity. Now I have to rethink this whole thing and try to come up with some BS explaination of why we cant move forward.

WTF Mikrotik?!?
Hey, give a look on viewtopic.php?f=17&t=167891#p829061 there is another "RC" firmware, that looks like a beta, VLAN seems to work on it, at least, after a factory reset following the update. other issues are still present and I couldn't get to change the admin password, it accepts sometimes others not...