Community discussions

MikroTik App

fibernet74
just joined
Topic Author

Help with 40G QSFP+ Connections 2 x CRS326-24S+2Q+RM

Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:00 pm

Hello,

I have two CRS326-24S+2Q+RM installed in a HomeLab here. I am trying to link them with two 40G DAC cables. When I install one cable, the link between the two switches works fine. I next configure the pair of 40G QSFP+ DAC interfaces to be in a LAG. When I install the second 40G DAC cable between the switches, both switches lock-up (i.e. I lose access to the web management interface and the switches stop passing traffic).

If I remove one of the two DAC cables, the switches return to normal and pass traffic again. I have the latest version (2.12) of SwOS running on both switches. I have tried all combinations of LAG configuration (active, passive, and strict) and nothing seems to work. Note that I only have the 40G main interface for each DAC cable enabled - the sub-10G interfaces are all disabled.

Both interfaces are part of all of the VLANs that I have configured on both switches including VLAN 1 (Management).

I am using 10GTek QSFP+ 40G Dac cables - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B06 ... =UTF8&th=1

Can someone help me to understand what I am doing wrong?

Thank you!

wpeople

Re: Help with 40G QSFP+ Connections 2 x CRS326-24S+2Q+RM

Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:03 pm

I have two CRS326-24S+2Q+RM installed in a HomeLab here. I am trying to link them with two 40G DAC cables. When I install one cable, the link between the two switches works fine. I next configure the pair of 40G QSFP+ DAC interfaces to be in a LAG. When I install the second 40G DAC cable between the switches, both switches lock-up (i.e. I lose access to the web management interface and the switches stop passing traffic).
I'm not using switchOS, but RouterOS so don't really know how SwOS exactly works, but i think you create a loopback on the switches with the second cables.
Before making a LAG from those ports, make sure, the ports are NOT a part of vlan, bridge, whatever.
Only the bond interface should be the part of vlan.