At the beginning I would like to say that I am more Routing/CyberSec person than switching :/
I do have 2x Mikrotik Switches CSS326-24G-2S+RM and CRS305-1G-4S+IN running on SwOS 2.12.
Server is on CRS305-1G-4S+IN and Client is on CSS326-24G-2S+RM.
I have build simple configuration:
1. SFP+ 10G link for trunk, VLAN Mode is enabled with only tagged traffic to be passed.
2. Client and Server ports are set as in bellow:
- Default VLAN set to 200
- VLAN Mode is set to strict and to pass allow only untagged traffic.
3. Port isolation is set in a way that Client Port can communicate with Trunk, other ports are unchecked. Same for Server.
4. VLANs Table is set in a way that Client or Server port are only marked for VLA 200.
My experience is as follows.
Traffic in VLAN200 is traversing over Trunk perfectly, the only thing which are not working is:
1. DHCP requests from Client to Server.
2. Accessing to Silver Mikrotik after some time. I cannot access it until i will not disconnect SFP/ETH and SFP+ transceivers living only ETH connected to the Switch.
During the evening I will try to attach PrtScr of mine configuration so it might be better understood.