Community discussions

MikroTik App

afuente26
just joined
Topic Author

SwOS

Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:02 pm

Hello,

is the SwOS transparent for the VLAN of ubiquiti?

Does it work with UNIFI without problems?

Thanks
Angel

pwnet
just joined

Re: SwOS

Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:52 pm

I think the design intent is that it does support VLANs. VLAN tags are a 802.11 standard, and are not (usually) specific to any brand. Mikrotik, Cisco, Juniper, Ubiquiti, etc all use the same standards.

However, there is a major bug with the current release version of swOS not working with VLANS properly, which makes them unviable for anything except a lab setting. I would advise waiting until 2.13 is officially released.

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:20 am

However, there is a major bug with the current release version of swOS not working with VLANS properly, which makes them unviable for anything except a lab setting. I would advise waiting until 2.13 is officially released.
Oh really? Don't tell my six Mikrotik switches that are all running 2.12, and almost everything is VLAN tagged that it doesn't work - they may not believe you...

tberg
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:35 am

Not sure where you got this? Maybe related to the new Netpower 7r? swOS is working fine with VLANs in our network. Most of our switches are running ROS, but we have a few that have been running swOS for years without any issues. Combination of access ports and trunk ports to Wi-Fi APs and other switches.