Community discussions

MikroTik App

sadeq
just joined
Topic Author

netpower lite weird bug

Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:06 pm

Hello
I've been using the netpower lite for about 2 months now, it's powered by the CRS328@25.6 volts via a 30m cat6 outdoor cable (power consumption is between 180-244mA iand this includes a PoE powered device at port 8).
I've encountered some bugs and found a workaround for them except for this one.
I've connected a ubiquiti nanobeam M5 on port 8 that was prevously connected and powered via the CRS328. everything works fine until after a minute or two, the devices becomes almost inaccessible with more than 90% packet loss, I thought it was a PoE power problem at first, but later I noticed that this happens as soon as the nanobeam connects to the AP, so I disabled the wireless interface on it and the device became inaccessible with no packet loss, I still thought it was a power problem since the wireless interface is turned off so the device should be consuming less power,
so I turned the wireless interface on again but removed it from the bridge so that only LAN0 is on BRIDGE0, and the device became accessable again while simeltenously connected to the AP.

the problem only occurs when the nanobeam is in bridge mode, it works fine when I switch it to Router mode
any thoughts on how to solve this problem ?, I couldn't find any software updates for this device on mikrotik website at all.

sadeq
just joined
Topic Author

Re: netpower lite weird bug  [SOLVED]

Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:09 am

problem was solved by enabling WDS on the nanobeam, any explanation on why it happened though ?

FezzFest
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: netpower lite weird bug

Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:28 am

WDS enables true layer2 bridging between devices. If you're using MikroTik wireless you can accomplish this either using WDS or 'station-bridge' mode.