Community discussions

MikroTik App

JoSchaap
just joined
Topic Author

CSS610-8G-2S+IN SFP+ dropping link when both cages occupied

Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:35 am

Hi all,

I'm experiencing an issue where my CSS610-8G-2S+IN's SFP+ RJ45 10G is dropping link when both cages are occupied

Has anyone encountered this behavior?

When I use the S+RJ10 on its own in the device it works fine. but I also have a CCR1009 with SFP+ linked at 10g using fiber.
as soon as both SFP+ ports are active and have link the S+RJ10 keeps flapping (visibly on the device i see both lights go out)

if i only use 1 SFP+ cage at 10g (either with the S+RJ10 or the fiber 10g sfp+) all works fine.

This is on: 2.13rc12 due to being unable to access management over the SFP+ ports earlier.
sfps.jpg
setup.jpg
I hope someone is willing to shine a light on this/point me into a direction to start looking at.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ectoplasmosis
just joined

Re: CSS610-8G-2S+IN SFP+ dropping link when both cages occupied

Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:51 pm

Yes, I experienced this issue with both SFP+ ports populated with 10Gb units. Upgrading to RC25 fixed it.

bradfa
just joined

Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:17 pm

I don't see this problem on my CSS610-8G-2S+IN with firmware 2.13rc12 when using SFP28 DA cables connected to Intel XXV710 based NICs. Both of my SFP+ ports come up at 10Gb and my Intel NICs are happy.

I do have problems using the 2.13 firmware and the 2.13rc25 firmware. So far only the 2.13rc12 firmware works for my use cases.

About a year ago I was using some Mikrotik SFP+ 10Gb RJ45 modules and they got hot as hell. Mikrotik have a warning about this on the wiki https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/S%2BRJ10 ... l_guidance . Might this be contributing to your problem?

JoSchaap
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:22 am

Oh I know they get quite toasty, even on their own in there.
74 C at idle with room temp at 20 C.. its quite excessive, but somehow still operates just fine..

As for the 2x SFP+ cage issue. this has been resolved (just now) with the unannounced/ninja upgrade that was suddenly available today in the webfig!

Thanks!

heymrdj
just joined

Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:57 pm

Hi all,

I'm experiencing an issue where my CSS610-8G-2S+IN's SFP+ RJ45 10G is dropping link when both cages are occupied

When I use the S+RJ10 on its own in the device it works fine. but I also have a CCR1009 with SFP+ linked at 10g using fiber.
as soon as both SFP+ ports are active and have link the S+RJ10 keeps flapping (visibly on the device i see both lights go out)

if i only use 1 SFP+ cage at 10g (either with the S+RJ10 or the fiber 10g sfp+) all works fine.

This is on: 2.13rc12 due to being unable to access management over the SFP+ ports earlier.

sfps.jpg
setup.jpg

I hope someone is willing to shine a light on this/point me into a direction to start looking at.
Off topic to your post, but can you tell me how your FS transceivers are coded? I just got four of those FS-10GSR-85 modules today for my CSS610, and they don't light up in the SFP cages. SFP tab doesn't show anything. Mine are Cisco coded.

JoSchaap
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:44 am

Hi all,

sfps.jpg
setup.jpg

Off topic to your post, but can you tell me how your FS transceivers are coded? I just got four of those FS-10GSR-85 modules today for my CSS610, and they don't light up in the SFP cages. SFP tab doesn't show anything. Mine are Cisco coded.
sorry for the late reply! I have orderred these from FS:
afps.jpg
Also CISCO coded AFAIK.

I did no further configuration other then connecting them to eachother with a OM4 LC-LC cable. other side is a CCR1009-7G-1C-1S+
bfps.jpg
have you tried rebooting the switch? pre 2.13 SwOS lite versions had issues with links not working after a change was made.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

heymrdj
just joined

Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:35 pm

Hi all,

sfps.jpg
setup.jpg

sorry for the late reply! I have orderred these from FS:
afps.jpg

Also CISCO coded AFAIK.

I did no further configuration other then connecting them to eachother with a OM4 LC-LC cable. other side is a CCR1009-7G-1C-1S+
bfps.jpg

have you tried rebooting the switch? pre 2.13 SwOS lite versions had issues with links not working after a change was made.
I'm definitely confused then. That is exactly what I have. Including the FS.com OM4 LC-LC cable (10M). FS.com sent another module today coded as a non-S version, just in case. But it doesn't work either. I have rebooted the switch multiple times every which way between attempts. I haven't made any configuration changes on the switch at all, it's out of box default because I haven't been able to do anything important with it since the SFP ports don't seem to work with anything. I've only gotten it to work so far with my ACU3M Cisco Passive DAC cable, it's the only thing I have working at this point. It's failed every fiber module and other DAC cable I've thrown at it.

JoSchaap
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:44 am

You could try re-applying the latest stable SwOS and doing a factory reset, if that won't make a difference definitely reach out to MT about this, as there might be an issue with your device.
I'm also using a 10m OM4 LCLC cable from FS, your order is an exact mirror of mine

heymrdj
just joined

Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:19 pm

You could try re-applying the latest stable SwOS and doing a factory reset, if that won't make a difference definitely reach out to MT about this, as there might be an issue with your device.
I'm also using a 10m OM4 LCLC cable from FS, your order is an exact mirror of mine
Yeah, I've factory reset it several times (even though I haven't made any config changes), and manually applied the 2.13 SwOS Lite update file several times (it's the only file I can still find). Opened a bug support ticket thinking it was one of the many 2.12 related OS issues 4 weeks ago, no response, still Waiting for Support in the ticket portal. Opened a normal hardware support ticket 2 weeks ago, no response, still Waiting for Support in the ticket portal. No answer on the forums. Literally no one from MT will talk to me. I've reached out to Baltic Networks at this point to see if they'll take the device back based on the no movement support ticket, as I'm only a few days from the 30 day period.

heymrdj
just joined

Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:00 am

Yeah, I've factory reset it several times (even though I haven't made any config changes), and manually applied the 2.13 SwOS Lite update file several times (it's the only file I can still find). Opened a bug support ticket thinking it was one of the many 2.12 related OS issues 4 weeks ago, no response, still Waiting for Support in the ticket portal. Opened a normal hardware support ticket 2 weeks ago, no response, still Waiting for Support in the ticket portal. No answer on the forums. Literally no one from MT will talk to me. I've reached out to Baltic Networks at this point to see if they'll take the device back based on the no movement support ticket, as I'm only a few days from the 30 day period.
To tie up this loose end, with Mikrotik dragging their feet, it took until today for me to finally get an RMA'd switch. The new switch arrived with SwOS Lite 2.12 just like the old switch. I was able to successfully test my active DAC cable, passive DAC cable, and 8 different fiber SFPs, which I was not able to do on 2.12 before (only the passive DAC cable worked and nothing else). Management over SFP+ did not work. I upgraded the switch to the current 2.14 release, and then management access over SFP+ worked, as well as chassis temperature. Everything seems to be functioning as it should, so there was definitely a physical issue with the last switch, not just a firmware issue.