Community discussions

MikroTik App

Simaryp
just joined
Topic Author

What VLAN Tag gets the Switch traffic?

Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:37 pm

I have bought my first two Mikrotik products recently, a CRS264 and a CSS610 , both booting SWOS.
Im quite happy that I managed to get them most likely to work as I wanted to, but there is at least one open topic.

My switches can't get an update and also DHCP for the switch itself wasn't working. I think that might be related to how I set them up.

I set two ports under LAG as active for a LACP connection to my OPNsense router. Over this connection there are a handfull of VLANs configured all with IPv4 and DHCP and the OPNsense as gateway currently. On the CRS I set this two ports up to be part of all VLANs on the VLANs tab and set VLAN to enabled and to manage only tagged VLANs. The connection to the CSS610 I set up the very same, despite it's a normal port no lag and strict instead of enabled, since this option is missing. I let the default VLAN unchanged to 1. Although I have no VLAN1.

The access ports I have configured to be enabled/strict and set the default VLAN to the wanted VLAN.

I have the IPs of the switches now set up staticaly to be in the range of my VLAN17. And I can reach them over this IP routed by the OPNsense. But they can't find updates or connect via dhcp. I wonder whether it is because the packets from the switch itself dont have a VLAN flag and the connection to router is set up to only handle tagged packages.

jookraw
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: What VLAN Tag gets the Switch traffic?

Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:46 pm

The CSS610 have issues with VLAN and DHCP on the SwOS version that it comes with, the update is done via your own browser, if something is not working you can find the current SwOS update for the CSS610-8G-2S+IN here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=172607#p847859

Simaryp
just joined
Topic Author

Re: What VLAN Tag gets the Switch traffic?

Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:28 pm

Thanks for the hint. I updated it already. But the problems where the same with CRS. So I wonder if I misconfigured something.