Community discussions

MikroTik App

Simaryp
just joined
Topic Author

CRS326 DHCP over VLAN Trunk not working

Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:58 pm

I have an OPNsense router with several tagged VLANs configured with DHCP over a LACP interface. One of this VLANs with ID 17 is meant to be used for IT management.

I don't manage to get DHCP working for my CRS326 with SWOS over this trunk connection.

The trunk is working and if I use static connection my VLANs are working and I can also access the switch, but DHCP and internet is not working for it.

I added the two ports of course to VLAN 17 in the VLANS tab. I tried out several configurations in the VLAN tab. Enabled, strict, optional. Any, tagged only. Default set to 1, which is not configured, 17.

If I connect the switch to another port that is not configured at all and to another interface on the router dhcp works.

Can anyone help me?

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: CRS326 DHCP over VLAN Trunk not working

Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:29 am

What SwitchOS version?

I just looked at my one CRS326 (running SwitchOS version 2.12) and it is configured for static IP, but I can do a test without too much difficulty. The only connection to that switch from the rest of my network is via one VLAN trunk..

Simaryp
just joined
Topic Author

Re: CRS326 DHCP over VLAN Trunk not working

Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:25 pm

Thanks for the Feedback. I found the solution just some minutes ago.

One has to set under System. The allow from VLAN field to the desired management VLAN ID.

After I set this, I directly got an IP via DHCP.

The documentation states that this is only for access, but it has definitely an influence on the switches traffic itself. I think the documentation should be updated!