Community discussions

MikroTik App

dj0321
just joined
Topic Author

Issues with creating VLAN's

Thu May 20, 2021 8:20 pm

Hello Folks,

I am using a CRS305-1G-4S+ device running in SwitchOS mode. I am trying to create one VLAN and assign it VLAN 300. I then want to assign SFP 1 and SFP 2 to this VLAN. Under the VLAN tab, I have both SFP 1 and SFP 2 set to optional , any , 300, and ForceVLAN ID enabled. Under the VLANs tab, I have 300, port isolation, learning, and have members SFP1 and SFP2 checked. For some reason why I go to remote hosts that are connected to SFP1 and SFP 2 nothing traffic seems to pass through. Am I missing something? This used to work, but the last thing I remember is rebooting this device and then everything stopped working. Any one have any thing I can try to allow these two machines on the same VLAN communicate with each other?

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Issues with creating VLAN's

Fri May 21, 2021 12:04 pm

I'm not using SwOS, but "port isolation" sounds like it might interfere with traffic between ports.

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Issues with creating VLAN's

Fri May 21, 2021 11:59 pm

I run VLANs on multiple switches running SwitchOS.

I want to make sure I understand what you are trying to accomplish. I sort of think you want a device each of the SFP ports that will have untagged traffic and only communicate with each other. Is that correct? This description being opposite to a VLAN trunk that will be carrying VLAN tagged traffic - usually with more than one VLAN.
If this is not what you are trying to do, please better describe what you are trying to accomplish.