MikroTik App

machack
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

SwOS LAG work? on VLANS

Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:53 pm

USING SwOS

Is it possible to create a Vlan on a LAG? I need a LAG in a CRS317 to be untaged in the XXX vlan, is this possible? so that later through a trunk to a CCR I can see it?

machack
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: SwOS LAG work? on VLANS

Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:07 am

@Mikrotik any help?

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:07 am

Let me make sure I understand what you want. You want untagged traffic over a LAG. When I was testing a LAG on two of my switches, I think I tested that and it worked fine. I don't see any reason that it would not.

machack
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:14 am

Let me make sure I understand what you want. You want untagged traffic over a LAG. When I was testing a LAG on two of my switches, I think I tested that and it worked fine. I don't see any reason that it would not.

Good afternoon

we have a remote site, where for geographical reasons we arrive with radio links. for a question of capacity, 2 links were placed.

Side A, as seen in the graph, the radios are directly connected to the RB1036, where we create a Bonding in BALANCE mode rr.

Side B as it is in the graph, the Radios first reach a CRS317 switch, and each port is untagged in a vlan 100 and 110. Because from that CRS 317 there is a 10g link to a CCR1036.
In this we create a Bonding with the Vlan 100 and 110 in Balance rr mode.

This works!

But our problem is that we need to have management of the radios, but from each condo router we ping the radios we lose half of the packets, it is understandable because of the issue of (bonding rr) when we want it to be 802.3 nothing works. I understand that it may be because when in Router A We create the bondig errl CRS317 It listens and automatically creates the bonding, which would not be a problem, if I could put that bondig untagged in a vlan, and it will not be necessary to create the bonding in the router B.

any help. Thanks!!!!
Bonding_problem.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tdw
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:53 pm

The issue is described here https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:L ... less_links

Using a variant of this with differing VLAN IDs for the bonded traffic would allow them to be passed to Router B for bonding, the CRS doesn't need any special LAG/bonding setup.

Router A: add VLAN 101 to SFP04, VLAN111 to SFP01, create a bond for VLAN101+VLAN111.
CRS: configure SFP9 with VLAN110 untagged & VLAN111 tagged, SFP8 with VLAN100 untagged & VLAN101 tagged, trunk all VLANs tagged.
Router B: use existing VLAN100 & VLAN110 for radio management, add VLAN101 & VLAN111 to the SFP+ interface, create a bond for them.