Community discussions

MikroTik App

newyork10023
just joined
Topic Author

Trouble connecting to SwitchOS from macOS but works in a VM on same host

Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:20 am

[I posted a similar query as a reply to another forum post, but I have received no reply there. Please excuse this cross-post.]

I have a CRS326-24G-2S+, CRS309-1G-8+, and a CRS305-1G-4+ running SwitchOS (v2.13), and a hAP AC (RB962UiGS-5HacT2HnT) and a cAP ac (RBcAPGi-5acD2nD-US) running RouterOS (v6.48.3).

The CRS309 and CRS305 connect to the CRS326 using the SFP+ for trunk links carrying all VLANs except the management VLAN, which are on 1G ports on the CRS326.

The switches are configured with static IPs, are configured for Allow from Ports and Allow from VLAN. There is no Allow From configured (although one was formerly).

I can connect to the hAP ac and cAP ac (RouterOS) from the macOS Mojave host with the management VLAN using the web interface and Winbox-mac. I am unable to connect to the CRS326, CRS309 or CFS305 (all SwitchOS) from the macOS host with the management VLAN using the web interface. However, on the same Mac with a VMware Fusion virtual machine running Windows 7 *as well as* a VM running macOS connected to the same VLAN interface, I am able to connect to all switches and routers using the web interface. I was able to connect from a Mac Pro 5.1 from the host, but with a (newly purchased) Mac mini 8.1 (2018) it doesn't work from macOS-- only from a VM using the same interface. (I am no longer able to test with the Mac Pro as it has been repurposed.) On extremely rare occasion, part of the SwitchOS window will appear. But usually I am unable to reach the web interface on the switches from macOS.

I am able to ping all switches and routers from the macOS host. Winbox-mac sees all SwitchOS and RouterOS devices, but obviously only can connect to RouterOS.

I have tried using tagged and untagged interfaces with the management VLAN.

I have tried a variety of browsers to no avail.

Are there any thoughts? I find it puzzling that it works in a VM but not on the host, and that it works with RouterOS but not with SwitchOS, and that I had no trouble with a Mac Pro 5.1 but now have trouble with a Mac mini 8.1 (2018). I can provide screenshots and configurations, as needed (and with direction how to upload the configuration).