Community discussions

MikroTik App

roswitina
Topic Author

[Solved] CRS326-24G-2s+ ua; SwOS 2.13; LAG on sfp+ and other ports failure

Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:24 pm

With the help of the support team, I found out that the connection error was not caused by the Mikrotik devices. It is almost certainly a problem with a fibre optic cable. This is probably what caused the timeouts.

I am having massive problems connecting two Mikrotik switches, both flashed with the latest SwOS 2.13, to a LAG and keeping them running. I have tried several different devices together, but nothing has worked.

With the LAGs I tried 2 x 1GB copper and also 2 x SFP+. I tried these connections (tagged) between different switches. I have the following switches in use:

CRS326-24G-2S+
CRS354-48G-4S+2Q+
CRS309-1G-8S+
CRS317-1G-16S+
CRS326-24S-1Q+RM

I have tested these co-crotics alternately. I could not establish a stable connection with any pair. After a few seconds or minutes, the network had timeouts that disappeared after a reboot but came back after a short time.

I noticed that a connection with a Windows Storage Server, which I set up there with 4 x 1 GBit Ethernet as LACP (dynamic), seems to work. However, I still need to observe this more closely.

It took me a lot of time to identify the error in the LAG of the Mikrotik products. Now that I only use individual connections, the network works without any problems, so I think I can also rule out a misconfiguration.
Last edited by roswitina on Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.