Community discussions

MikroTik App

leeph
just joined
Topic Author

CRS326-24S+2Q+ with 2 x 10GB DAC LACP/LAG to CRS328-24P-4S+

Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:53 pm

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to Mikrotik world but I dived in when I had a need to hook up my new servers (Dell Poweredge's) with 10gbe without spending a fortune on Enterprise kit.

I have a CRS328-24P-4S+ which was acting as the core switch, two servers utilising all 4 10GBe SPF+ ports.

I have just bought a CRS326-24S+2Q+ to expand my 10GBe density, and I have uplinked the two switches using 2 x 10GBe DAC cables. I have configured each of the ports in ACTIVE LAG mode and the LAG comes up no problem. I have nothing much plugged into the 326 at this point, just testing the LAG for stability, and it hasn't been.

Several times now the devices attached to the 328 have started dropping off the network, intermittent pings with multi-second response times (or none at all). As soon as I reboot the 326 switch, everything returns to normal, until it happens again. I've tried changing the cables in the 2 x 10GBe LAG link but issues persist.

Now this seems to be to be a very simple configuration and I'm very much thinking about flogging both switches - this aggregation link HAS to be 100% stable and it HAS to be 20gbit or more for performance reasons. Have I got a dud 326?

Both switches are running the latest 2.13 SWOS. I don't want to run RouterOS since I am only using Layer2 functionality with these.