Well guys...it's time for me to tell you about life with RB250GS...
We had to move things forward so instead if doing the installation tomorrow, I did it yesterday.
All the cabling was already in place and working. What I did was to remove three unmanaged 10/100 switches and replace them with three RB250GS / RB750 combinations.
There is unfortunately trouble in paradise.
Here is a Dude map of the network.
Here is a photo of what a typical installation looks like. As you can see, I just removed the old 10/100Mb rackmount switches and replaced them with the new equipment bolted onto a shelf.
The speed between the three RB250GS switches is great. However, unless new firmware appears that resolves the issues, I will be pulling them out and putting the old 10/100Mb switches back.
Dude - which sits some distance away from this network - keeps on getting timouts when it tries to probe the third switch (RB250GS - 19 The Vines), as well as equipment past the third switch. There are 2 x RB750 and 1 x RB450, a couple of LANs and a wireless AP all past that switch and it gets a bit much when the Dude error emails start flying in every couple of minutes to say there's a timeout on the network.
This never happened with the old switches.
SNMP is also a mess and has not been fixed, but I've already commented on that an MT don't like it when we cross post. Again, if you look at the first image, you'll see there are no speeds shown between the switches. When I select a port using Dude, it disappears once probed and I get an error on the link.
I thought there might be a cabling problem so I switched auto negotiation off and set the speed down to 100Mb for the switch to switch links. It's still the same. Maybe I'm trying to do too much with the switches. Maybe they can handle the punch. Who knows....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.