MikroTik App

Belgarion186
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

RB250GS stuck in ACT LED fast flashing mode

Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:57 am

Hi,

I’ve an RB250GS and it is stuck in ACT LED fast flashing mode once power is applied to it rendering it totally unusable.

It was working well on SwOS 1.06 but the upgrade to 1.10 failed (no response after waiting for 15 minutes).

I’ve tried to push (& hold) the RESET button while powering up and release when ACT LED is flashing slowly (before it flashes quickly). Doesn’t work.

I’ve tried to reinstall SwOS by following the wiki guide below but there’s no response (0 hit). RB250GS' ether1 LED just flashes repeatedly (when connected to my RB750GL) but nothing happens :

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/SwOS#Rein ... S_firmware

Is there anything else I can do to reset the switch or bring it into some form of recovery mode ?

Thank you.

Belgarion186
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: RB250GS stuck in ACT LED fast flashing mode

Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:55 am

Update :

The RB250GS is now working properly again thanks to Janis from MikroTik who advised me to install using SwOS v.1.9 (instead of v.1.10).

Sclaud
just joined

Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:44 pm

Hello.
This it's my first port here ... unfortunately with a problem:
I don't want to open a new thread because my problem it's simmilar.
I have a SW 250GS. I had the latest 1.13 SwOS and I had some problem with a link on my TV (TV with 100mb link adapter): only sometimes connect to the SW. Many time he does'nt connect (90% of cases). I don't know what it's the problem (this problem occur just after I upgrade the SwOS to 1.13)
I try to donwgrade to 1.10 and now the SW it's dead: no ping response (on 192.168.88.1 or the latest manual IP 192.168.1.2), no web access, nothing. I try reset to default settings but no succes.
The SW it's working (I have a laptop connect to 1Gb port) but I can not connect to we web interface (of the SW) and also my TV still - does not connect to SW (TV has only 100Mb adapter). The TV also connect without problem (on direct link - without mikrotik SW intermediary) - so the TV it's not the problem.
So ... I want to reinstall the SwOS somehow: I see this instructios here: http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/SwOS#Rein ... S_firmware But I really don't know how to do that ?
Can someone help me (basics steps) how to reinstall my SwOS on my 250 SW ?
I'm not fammiliary with RouterOS / bootp ... etc
Maybe there is a simpler way to revive my SW ?
Thank in advance.
(sorry for my poor english ... it's not my native language)

mainTAP
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:31 pm

Hiya,
The method using RouterOS works fine to recover RB250GS after downgrading from 1.13 to 1.10.
If you haven't got any routerOS device by hand, you might try tftpd from http://tftpd32.jounin.net/ which is a lightweight tftp server and the latest version can serve as DHCP server as well.

Sclaud
just joined

Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:14 pm

Thanks. It works.
I manage to restore swos to 1.10 on my 250GS