Community discussions

seangrip
just joined
Topic Author

RB260GSP, but PoE options missing from web GUI

Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:28 am

I have a RB260GSP in place at a remote tower and today went in to do a power cycle on a radio attached to it and found.... no PoE options at all!

Based on example screen shots from the wiki/manual it appears that it is showing me exactly the options I would expect from a RB260GS rather then the GSP. (It is a GSP though, other then the fact that it *IS* powering the radio attached to it I still dug into ref photo archives to confirm the model as well as checking purchase receipts - yep, Yellow ports 2-5 and I never at any point purchased a GS version).

So... given the tower is several hours drive, an hour by boat, and then another hour's hike away (and it is the middle of the night) any hints on how to get the thing to realize it does provide PoE and show me the UI for it? It was already running swos-v1.14 but I tried re-uploading v1.14 anyway and of course issuing a reboot on general principles, but that is about all I knew to try remotely at this point.

Any suggestions?

npero

Re: RB260GSP, but PoE options missing from web GUI

Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:20 pm

Just clean cache in you browser it is happens cleaning cache help in my case.

seangrip
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:37 am

Clean browser cache? Well.... I will try that... but given I saw the same UI across three browsers on two computers over multiple days and I do not own a single non-POE gs260 that seems unlikely.

Would be happy to be proven wrong though. :wink:

wilr
just joined

Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:19 pm

Hi,

I have the same problem when I access the web GUI of my RB260GSP through a SSH port forward, PoE section is missing. It appears correctly when using a direct connection (same LAN in my case).

William

wilr
just joined

Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:26 am

Same problem with the "PoE" and "Health" sections under the "System" tab.
Firmware version: SwOS 1.14
Model: RB260GSP

William

magoofromparis
just joined

Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:43 am

Same problem with the "PoE" & "PoE and Health" sections
Firmware version: SwOS 1.14
Model: RB260GSP

It was there, then.. not anymore,
still Poe is transmitting current...

How to get those info and command back ?

??? ?

Magoo

sda
just joined

Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:58 pm

Exactly the same problem here.
Once I change the switch's ip address to my networks subnet (my case 10.0.0.120) those sections vanish
If I set it back to its default ip (192.168.88.1) they reappear.
Set once again to my subnet, poe and health status gone.

Using Firefox 44.0.2 and on OS 1.14
Adding to the above,
Using IE I can view both poe and health status normally on my subnet.
It isn't a Firefox cache problem as I have cleared it, I have tried a different ip within my same subnet, not previously used (so nothing cached) and those sections vanish.

jorgenekah
just joined

Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:09 pm

Hi, I have the same issue but I was able to figure out a solution by:
1. Normally I use firefox but POE options were not there
2. Tried with internet explorer but again POe options not there
3. I finally tried chrome and the POE options were there.

Give it a try, it did work for me

TXRX
just joined

Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:22 am

I'm having the same issue with Firefox 45. With Chromium it had worked a couple of months ago, but now Debian unstable doesn't have Chromium for the ARM architecture anymore (they have compile issues).

Midori (kind of - some rendering artifacts - ) works too.

EDIT: Clicking "Clear Now" in "Preferences->Advanced->Cached Web Content" did not help. Disabling all addons & restarting browser did not help either.

Using a new, other user on the same machine with the same Firefox 45 binary worked, I see the PoE settings there... indeed seems to be some funny caching issue?

ffernandes
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:13 pm

got 2 new switch with same problem .. non poe :((((
can't load poe ports.... and there's no poe info at switch ip _:(((

bk6662
just joined

Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:39 pm

MikroTik can this issue be addressed please?  I purchased 2 of these switches, specifically for the SFP capability.  I was pleasantly surprised to see they also support PoE.  But I soon found that this is disabled by default; none of the ports are providing PoE power.  I logged into both switches, and was unable to find anything referencing POE settings.  I tried Chrome, FireFox, IE & Edge; all the same.  My machine was placed in the same subnet.
Otherwise I'm very happy with the switches so far; but would really like to be able to utilize power over Ethernet from one of them, to power my IP phone.
Thank you!
Brian
Ps. Running OS 1.14.  I tried finding a download area to see if a newer firmware is available, but was unable to find it anywhere on your site.

grusu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:28 am

Ps. Running OS 1.14.  I tried finding a download area to see if a newer firmware is available, but was unable to find it anywhere on your site.
http://www.mikrotik.com/download
You'll find below, in the SwitchOS section. Be sure to use right version.

becs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:06 pm

In most cases clearing the web browser's cache fixes the problem with missing PoE menus in the SwOS.
If it has not fixed it in FireFox browser, go to History menu and do a search by typing RB260GSP IP address in search bar.
Then select RB260GSP SwOS entry, open options with right click and set “Forget This Site” to delete it from history.

bk6662
just joined

Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:20 pm

http://www.mikrotik.com/download
You'll find below, in the SwitchOS section. Be sure to use right version.
Thanks Grusu - why didn't I think of that!!!

bk6662
just joined

Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:25 pm

In most cases clearing the web browser's cache fixes the problem with missing PoE menus in the SwOS.
If it has not fixed it in FireFox browser, go to History menu and do a search by typing RB260GSP IP address in search bar.
Then select RB260GSP SwOS entry, open options with right click and set “Forget This Site” to delete it from history.
Hi becs,
Appreciate the info.  I'll try this later to confirm (I'm not near the switch at the moment).  However this is the first time I've accessed the switch from any browser.  I'd be surprised if they all need to be cleared in order to get all of the options in the switch interface.
I contacted MikroTik support and was informed that PoE output is only provided in passive mode, and is intended for powering other MikroTic devices (especially switches, and access points).  So it's a mute point for me since I'm attempting to power a Cisco VoIP phone.  But I'd still like to see the PoE tab when I access the switch!  :)

CoMMyz
just joined

Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:21 am

If you want to avoid this bug - just set a password.

I do not know why.... but this is a workaround i found out it always works ;)

Enjoy!