just joined
Topic Author

Feature Request: SMS Watch

Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:54 pm

Hi admins/mods/devs,

Feature Description:
Watch for incoming SMS and run script when a new SMS arrives

Use Case:
Engagement Campaigns with a Hotspot + 3G Dongle: Providing free internet for 30 minutes to customers who SMS their name/receipt number/etc to a number to receive username/password.

Currently I am working on the above use case with scheduler checking for new SMS every 5 minutes. Would be nice to make this work in Real-Time.

I hope other MikroTik users can find this feature useful and the devs can make it happen :)

Have a nice day!

yresquirol
just joined

Re: Feature Request: SMS Watch

Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:19 am

It would be a very useful feature, I am currently working on a solution that allows visitors to send an SMS with "X" content and receive through the same via a username and password to access the internet through the hotspot. I have also created my own code to monitor when a new message is received, but it would be great if routerOS itself had a service that did it, it would be in real time.

... just like it happens in the hotspot user profile, in the assignment / deassignment of IPs in the dhcp-server, in the PPP profile (up and down), etc.