Community discussions

RackKing
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Feature request for v7.x

Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:23 pm

mDNS server for Chromecast/Bonjour/ZeroConfig across VLANs.

WiFi networks are too big to have all the available devices all bridged to the LAN.

Would be nice to then firewall what devices are discoverable.
m2

lygstate
just joined

Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

I hope full SwOS function are merged into RouterOS

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu May 02, 2019 10:42 am

I hope full SwOS function are merged into RouterOS
Which functionality can you enable/configure in SwOS that can not be done in ROS?
BR,
Metod

mada3k
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon May 06, 2019 8:15 pm

mDNS proxy is very useful, both home and medium-enterprise.
Manages some CCR's, RB750Gr3, RB922 and wAP's

arily
just joined

Fri May 17, 2019 1:47 pm

IPv6 policy routing
IPv6 multiple routing table
IPv6 accounting
Address list subscription

eliemacho
just joined

Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:28 am

cant really understand why does PCC require us to mark the connection of the incoming WAN interfaces with the same mark of the incoming LOCAL interface
knowing that the routing mark will take the decision at the where to route the packets to the outside world
like using the "WAN1" & "WAN2" for example as connection mark names for the incoming WANs and using the same connection mark names for the incoming LOCAL and then mark the route for each WAN interface
whats the reason behind having the same cnx mark name of the in WAN and in LOCAL

any clarification whats the relation between them and how does this feature work, CZ as for me i could mark the in LOCAL with a routing mark (using of course the pcc feature 2/0';2/1 for ex) and route every connection being made from the LOCAL to the outside with the specific gateway associated with that routing mark WITHOUT going into routing the output traffic of the router interfaces with a cnx mark of there each WAN etc...

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:55 am

1) You posted in wrong thread

2) I'm not sure if I'm getting the part about same names, but no such requirement exists. In some cases, it should be possible to skip connection marking completely, but it would only work if you'd have outgoing connections only, no incoming. And even then marking connections first should be more efficient, because connection tracking happens anyway and just checking mark should take less work than doing PCC computing for each packet.

rene72
just joined

Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:29 pm

A solution like ha proxy in router os v7 would be usefull I like to run multiple ssl sites behind my mikrotik router on 1 public ip and lets encrypt support to automaticly secure them with ssl