Community discussions

Starxcn
just joined

Re: Feature request for v7.x

Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:14 am

It would better if we can make the Webfig skins work better in V7.

Now there are bugs on particularly the Quick Set page.

I was configuring a RB951 for a client and I wanna give him only the right to change his guest network password on the Quick Set page when he logs in from Webfig. So I tick off all other pages. But then on the Quick set page there are ton of stuff to tick off. And they seem to come from different mode settings of the router. And even I tick them off, the page still wouldn't work properly.

Not sure if this is the right place to post about this. My apologies if I'm wrong...

Bonz123
just joined

Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:29 pm

Queues.
will be nice if in simple queue be possible add ip ''from-to'' like 192.168.3.10-192.168.3.64

Thanks.

Zvjer
just joined

Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:28 pm

IKEv2 for IPSec
I need this too for easy VPN from Windows Phone 8.1

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:50 am

It should be possible everywhere where ip address field is used as condition or restriction.

marcof
just joined

Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:59 pm

I actually just miss one "feature" in RouterOS 5/6 and it would be awesome to have this in 7: IPv6! .
The current state of IPv6 in RouterOS 6 is maybe partly usable for home users, soho applications, etc. But in no way is it safe or depending on the configuration even possible to use MirkoTik for service provider applications with more than one router.

The reason I put feature in "" is because you cannot name it feature when they officially support ipv6 and 50% of all protocols and services are not or only partly working for ipv6, then those are bugs!

Just to name some missing "features" / bugs in IPv6.
  • IPv6 bgp recursive next-hop. This is a must for any redundant IPv6 service provider backbone! static routes are no alternative!
  • ipv6 blackholing - there must be a way to blackhole the prefix I announce to my upstreams. I simply don't want any TTL exceeded and routing loops! unreachable routes are no alternative!
  • efficient ipv6 routing table lookups on cli (e.g. /ipv6 route print where dst-address=8.8.8.0/24)
  • testing of ipv6 functions and protocols prior to release! basic stuff like VRRP working in one release and then totally unusable in the next release.... come on...
besides IPv6 it would be really great to have working VRF implementation and be able to use it to separate the management plane from the production / customer traffic. currently there aren't any really VRF aware management services like ntp,netflow,ssh,winbox,etc.

In general, I really suggest that MikroTIk reconsider their strategy about software releases and pricing. I would be happy to pay 50% more for the bigger routers like CCRs and in return have a more stable software, means that they differ between bug fix releases and feature releases and also test and bugfix before a release. I mean I totally understand that new features sometimes show bugs not before production use, but stuff that's there for years and suddenly don't work in a 6.x release, come on, you can do this better!

2dfx
just joined

Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:00 pm

Pls Add functionality to NetWach like this:

Down script, if not available within X times.
Up script if available within Z times.
Now X and Z = 1.

mavin
just joined

Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:53 pm

- Support for SHA2 Hashs.
CAs starting to only hand out SHA2 certificates and browsers will drop SHA1 soon. I'm kinda wondering why this hasn't already been brought up...

- Openflow 1.3
This might be a bigger problem, but it would really be a big advantage being able to integrate RouterOS in SDN environments. I don't know anything about the code-base but maybe it's possible to add an ovs client and help them with the OF development?

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:42 pm

You can already use sha256 and sha512 in ipsec phase1. Depending on requirements can be added to other facilities as well.

jocover
just joined

Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:23 pm

MAC Address List Support :D

mavin
just joined

Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:54 am

thanks mrz for the info.
I will give that a try. Since I won't have time this year I will give it a look next year.

What I currently need this (SHA2) for is for VPN connections (sstp, pptp, openvpn). Since October my CA only hands out SHA2 certificates.

piyokos
just joined

Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:47 am

• General - Updated Linux kernel with better support for new SoCs (Celeron J1900 barely works), updated drivers, etc
  • General - 64-bit x86 builds, it's 2014, going on 2015... no performance benefit to routing, but throw KVM users a bone
  • KVM - USB passthrough, so guests can act as bridges for USB peripherals that RouterOS does not support
  • DNS - Flag similar to DNSMASq's bogus-nxdomain, for misbehaving service providers
  • UPNP - Allow server to report a 'fake' external address to clients, for complex routing setups
  • SSH - Fail2ban equivalent, too much log spam
  • OpenVPN - UDP support, with fragment and mssfix, requested so many times the devs must think we're a broken record!

phil
just joined

Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:42 am

Please extend routing-mark amount limit more than 250.

wagguRQ
just joined

Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:07 pm

I would like that you will add a counter of errors (crc,drop,oversitse,collisions, e.t.c.).
rm -rf

JanezFord
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:23 am

I would really like to see graphing show comments with interfaces, queues on web.

JF

roli
just joined

Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:44 pm

Functionality such as DNETMAP in xtables

volga629

Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:23 am

Hello Everyone,
Will be nice to see for RouterOS7

1. 802.11k 802.11r Fast Transition Roaming. Really useful in MAN areas.
2. Routed based vpn ipsec0 klips with libreswan. Better control over vpn traffic.

nz_monkey
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:52 am

2. Routed based vpn ipsec0 klips with libreswan. Better control over vpn traffic.
AKA IPSEC VTI (Virtual Tunnel Interface) support.

This one has been MUCH requested over the years. Hopefully we see it in RouterOS 7 :D
http://thebrotherswisp.com/ | Mikrotik MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCINE | Fortinet FTCNA, FCNSP, FCT | Extreme Networks ENA

amindomao
just joined

Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:05 am

"Add ARP For Leases" option in dhcp relay would be cool :)

eavictor
just joined

Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:58 am

ADD admin announcement page in USERMAN

then we don't have to send e-mails to notice users every time we made changes.

Bas15
just joined

Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:23 pm

Would like to see SIIT support, which basically allows to remove IPv4 from internal networks and do DNS64/ NAT64 stateless translation on your edge devices.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ander ... c-2xlat-00
http://fud.no/talks/20150317-V6_World_C ... entres.pdf
http://jool.mx/

Also in: http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=95377

killersoft
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:13 pm

+1 for 6rd support .

My isp only supports that at this point and I don't want a tunnel service like HE.
Regards
BIT, ITIL

hngjared
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:17 pm

It would be nice if there was an option for duration in the "traffic monitor" feature.

Be a great way yo automatically adjust b/w queues.

Also need to start allowing SSH and telnet to be run via scripts or schedulers. Would really make life a little easier on those of us who are administrating thousands of routerboards.

Make it happen MikroTik!

willbur
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:10 pm

MAC address lookup built in router
Improved Webfig customization (i.e. debranding, etc.)
Tiny web browser built into Mikrotik ROS?
Better Speed Test functionality (i.e. Netgear has speedtest.net functionality built in)
Better script to email functionality for password rotations in hotspot..... (i.e. once again customization, etc.)
The Dude update.....

I might be asking for too much, but that along with many other items are on my wish list.

ZeroByte
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:40 pm

Just to name some missing "features" / bugs in IPv6.
  • IPv6 bgp recursive next-hop. This is a must for any redundant IPv6 service provider backbone! static routes are no alternative!
  • ipv6 blackholing - there must be a way to blackhole the prefix I announce to my upstreams. I simply don't want any TTL exceeded and routing loops! unreachable routes are no alternative!
  • efficient ipv6 routing table lookups on cli (e.g. /ipv6 route print where dst-address=8.8.8.0/24)
  • testing of ipv6 functions and protocols prior to release! basic stuff like VRRP working in one release and then totally unusable in the next release.... come on...
+1

Years ago, Mikrotik was the first platform available to me and my company for alpha testing any IPv6 deployment strategies. (the Adtran CPE we were using previously didn't support it at all)

These days, though, ROS feels behind-the-curve on the IPv6 side of things.

My question for you Marcof - why is host unreachable an unacceptable alternative to blackhole routes?
Is it because this reduces ICMP "backscatter" from scans and such?
When given a spoon,
you should not cling to your fork.
The soup will get cold.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:26 am

Please add TCP traceroute
I'm Italian, not English. Sorry for my imperfect grammar.

troffasky

Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:27 am

Control+W in the CLI to delete last word.

'Search engine' in Winbox/Webfig. Eg, you search for '192.168.13', and it will return every route, firewall rule, ARP entry, log entry, *everything* that matches that string.

23q
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu May 14, 2015 11:31 pm

pochbba

Sat May 23, 2015 9:21 pm

I would strongly suggest that you add a "Test config for x seconds" function that brings config back to where it was before applying it.

It's necessary for production equipment when (we all aggree on this) some times certain configs seem to work in test benches but out in the field they totally don't. So having something like:

Wireless station working at 20-40mhz width:
/interface wireless set wlan1 channel-width=20/40/80mhz-Ceee test-time=1m

Which would reset to previous config if something goes wrong. I mean.. this station could be 50 km away from you.

Would be extremely helpful for us all.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: After i posted this something came back to my mind.

Another suggestion would be having zoomable and/or exportable traffic/resource graphing system. It's already there.. just needs that option.

nz_monkey
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun May 24, 2015 12:17 am

I would strongly suggest that you add a "Test config for x seconds" function that brings config back to where it was before applying it.

It's necessary for production equipment when (we all aggree on this) some times certain configs seem to work in test benches but out in the field they totally don't. So having something like:

Wireless station working at 20-40mhz width:
/interface wireless set wlan1 channel-width=20/40/80mhz-Ceee test-time=1m

Which would reset to previous config if something goes wrong. I mean.. this station could be 50 km away.
FYI this feature already exists.
Look up Safe Mode. http://wiki.mikrotik.com/index.php?titl ... #Safe_Mode
http://thebrotherswisp.com/ | Mikrotik MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCINE | Fortinet FTCNA, FCNSP, FCT | Extreme Networks ENA

aigarslv
just joined

Mon May 25, 2015 11:26 pm

Please add openconnect package for accessing Cisco SSL VPNs
http://www.infradead.org/openconnect/

So we don't have to run MetaROUTERs :)

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 26, 2015 12:58 am

Please Mikrotik is a simple one:

Detailed track of configuration changes on logs.

I hope is not that difficult.

That is very usefull to track and audit changes specially when are multiple administrators.

petrisimo
just joined

Thu May 28, 2015 4:16 pm

Hi Mikrotik,

to be honest, I would highly recommend to fix all bugs before you move to new features (please show some respect to your customers)

once you finish with bugs:
1) DHCP snooping
2) IP source guard
3) dynamic arp inspection
4) IGMP snooping

... and one more very important thing - to fix VLAN performance (drops by 45% just with 2 vlans on tile 6.28)

cusco

Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:23 pm

Virtual interfaces....
By this I mean the ability to have the following scenario:

ISP equipment --- rj45 ---> ether1 mikrotik

Now I would like to have several dhcp clients with different MAC addresses to be able to obtain more than one IP address

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Virtual interfaces....

Now I would like to have several dhcp clients with different MAC addresses to be able to obtain more than one IP address

will be great but, mikrotik its not the only brand who has that limitation because dhcp is mostly used to give access to clients its some kind of trend and too specific scenario to address

the.max
just joined

Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:09 pm

Also join in asking for support 802.11r.

In the foreseeable future will be in our country, the law on electronic records of payments. Very few restaurants it ready for us and they will have to buy new technology. In larger restaurants is not enough for one AP coverage and rapid movement between AP waitress with a payment terminal failures are undesirable and wait for logging in to another AP is unacceptable.
Gentoo linux

davidnvega
just joined

Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:59 pm

I need Skins for Winbox, just like Webfig. And a Test Button, for apply changes during X seconds.
Sorry for my English, I speak Spanish.

ibm

Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:22 am

I need Skins for Winbox, just like Webfig. And a Test Button, for apply changes during X seconds.
+1 for the apply changes for X seconds.
More precisely like a Safe mode but with a custom timeout.

nz_monkey
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:02 am

Sounds like "commit confirmed X" on JunOS. If you dont do another "commit" within "X" minutes it will automagically roll back the config changes.

ibm

Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:43 am

Sounds like "commit confirmed X" on JunOS. If you dont do another "commit" within "X" minutes it will automagically roll back the config changes.
Exactly

vortex
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:54 pm

- Multicast forwarding between subnets
- Decrease routing slowdown for ports in a bridge, if possible.
- DNS Tool

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:54 pm

What about "dummy" rule or anything elsa what could be "separator" for firewall rules.
I am testing: http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php ... 6b#p492407
and the rules flow will be simpler to read when "subroutines" could be separated with rows which will show comment connected with it.
Here it is simulated with new rules chains' names.
Attacks.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Real admins use real keyboards.

cREoz
just joined

Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:50 pm

DNS: forward zones

cusco

Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:20 pm

Virtual interfaces....

will be great but, mikrotik its not the only brand who has that limitation because dhcp is mostly used to give access to clients its some kind of trend and too specific scenario to address
Hi, I don't understand what you mean by "some kind of trend"
Is it really so difficult to address? Today it is already working with VIF, if you have a metarouter.

You can add a VIF interface in a bridge. Basically one would just need to extrapolate that functionality to be able to use VIF interfaces outside metarouter.

tetecko
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:25 pm

+1 for 6rd support .

My isp only supports that at this point and I don't want a tunnel service like HE.
Regards

http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?t=99030

pmosconi
just joined

Configuration Management and Cloning

Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:12 pm

Back in v6 Feature Request forum thread there was a a lot of debate about better config export and import for router cloning.
It seems to me that nothing has really been implemented - at least when working with hotspots, firewall rules and remote logging - but apparently nobody is making this request any more.
Have all others given up? I still need this desperately...
Thans

dmcken

Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:55 pm

efficient ipv6 routing table lookups on cli (e.g. /ipv6 route print where dst-address=8.8.8.0/24)
I would like this expanded for both IPv4 and IPv6, lookups on my BGP routers take minutes to complete.

jspool

Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:00 pm

1. Failed login email alerts SSH,Telnet,Web,Etc like everyone else does.
2. I would like to see a country blocking option in the firewall.
3. The ability to load large DNS lists for blocking purposes. Currently all Mikrotiks cannot take whole categories worth of lists.
4. It would be nice to see the IP that made the request in DNS Cache.

23q
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:03 am

e-mail headers - Content-type: text/html
http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?t=62481

nz_monkey
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:43 am

MPLS TE Fast Re-Route
MPLS TE Link Protection
MPLS TE Link-Node Protection
MPLS TE behavior similar to Cisco Class Based Tunnel Selection
MPLS TE Diffserv-Aware tunnels

MPLS Segment Routing extensions to OSPF/ISIS

ISIS

Multicast separation of RPF table calculation into individual routing table and all things involved with that
Multicast BSR fixes
Multicast Anycast-RP
Multicast MSDP

64-bit for x86

Fast-Path indicator on each interface. Which traffic handlers are enabled or not enabled.

Graceful Restart for OSPF/BGP/PIM/ISIS (if ever implemented)

BGP multicast address family

Cisco IP SLA/Juniper RPM functionality

LLDP and LLDP-MED with integration into SNMP
It is like you read my mind!

Also add MPLS TE Auto-Tunnel

I also requested to Mikrotik support that they implement RFC7130 https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7130 for BFD + Bonding(LAG), this runs a BFD session per bond member, and can detect problems with packet flow via an individual link in a bond. This is very useful when you are running a Leaf/Spine switch architecture between routers and there is a problem with packet flow via one path, the bond + LACP to the Mikrotik will stay up, yet a path beyond the direct LACP link may have a problem and currently this would go unnoticed and cause issues.

RFC7130 aims to prevent such situations.

khaled11

Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:01 am

USER manager :-refill option client side "like code recharge " on local hotspot page.
- Daily Quota
:D