MikroTik App

TonyJr
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

CCR1009 - Multicast traffic capacity on bridged vlan trunk

Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:39 am

Hello,

I wish to configure my CCR-1009 for an extra configuration - Just Add Power HDMI-over-IP transmitters and receivers.

Usually with these devices, traffic is kept within a dedicated switch or switch stack, but I am going to be spanning traffic between two separate switches - one has the transmitters and one has the receivers, with the CCR-1009 in-between. One switch is on the SFP+ port, the other on the SFP port.

Each transmitter is assigned a VLAN, I will have two. The traffic is multicast, and when you switch a receiver to 'watch' a certain transmitter, the port of the receiver on the reciever switch has its vlan changed to the appropriate transmitter vlan by control software programming the switch. The VLANs will be trunked on the SFP/SFP+ ports.

The traffic per transmitter is 150Mbit/sec maximum and on the same address per vlan for fast switching of sources.

My question is: Can the CCR-1009 handle this much multicast traffic in this configuration (sfp-vlanx bridged to sfp-plus-vlanx two times or more if I add more transmitters in the future)? I would rather know in advance if I could possibly run into problems and plan another configuration.

If no one has tried bridging this much multicast traffic, I will try it when the devices arrive and report back.

TIA Tony