MikroTik App

dannyboy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Hotspot Trial "Trial up-time confusion"

Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:58 am

Hello Everyone,

I am a bit confused on the trail settings for the hotspot on Mikrotik. This is what I want to do, I want to let new users that connect to my hotspot, have a 12 hour limit after first login with the free trail bottom.

From what I understand, if I setup 12 hours on the "Trial Uptime Limit" this will give them 12 hours of surfing, but if the login and log out after 6 hours this means that they still can come the next day and still have access. This I don't want to do. What I want is kind of a "Session Time" of 12 hours, that the clock starts counting down after first login even if they log out or not.

First of all, am I correct on assuming that the trial time limit will not continue counting down once users log out? If I am correct how can I still offer a free trail using the MAC as a dynamic user but have that time count down continuously from first login??

I was thinking of setting a profile for the trail users and have that profile have a session time limit to 12hours. But from reading this feature it will only logout the users when limit is met, and if the trail has a 12hour uptime limit, users will be able to continue using the hotspot until that time is met right?

So in a nutshell, I want users to test my hotspot service for 12 hours straight after first login, then they have to buy air time to continue... I dont want to give them 12 hours of air time that they can take 12 days to use if the connect only one hour a day.

I hope I explained myself clearly enough, thanks

Daniel

So I was thinking of creating a profile where the