Community discussions

MikroTik App

gilljr
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Bonding 2 microwave links

Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:20 pm

I have two 300Mbps Microwave links joining 2 sites together. One site is just a relay point to get bandwidth to the other site. On either side I have CCR routers.

Because the radios are inband managed as configured, I have the radios listening on one vlan and a different vlan configured for passing data. I have verified individually that I can pass traffic between the CCR routers over those Vlans...

CCR1 --- ether1 --- vlan301data ----- RADIOSET1 ----- vlan301data ---- ether9 ---- CCR2
--- ether 2 --- vlan303data ----- RADIOSET2 ----- vlan303data -----ether10 ----

My problem is that when I have the bonding set to 802.3ad and vlans 301 and 303 included, the data only passes over one of the data ports. I have tried different hashing choices but it is always the same. This is a point-to-point link and there is not presenting multiple MAC addresses. Maybe I should not use 802.3ad but some other bonding. The problem is that I do not know.

I want to get 600Mbps aggregate bandwidth, how do I do this? I have scoured the forum and am not getting anywhere.

Thanks
Gilbert

shaoranrch
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:18 pm

Hello, I don't know how you've configured this but. You need to create the bonding first and create the vlans on the just created bonding interface

Enviado desde mi MotoE2(4G-LTE) mediante Tapatalk

gilljr
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Bonding 2 microwave links

Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:00 pm

The bonding interface is bonding 2 vlans. I would only bond 2 interfaces, but I need to manage the Microwave links. So the Vlans are not on the bonding interface. I question was how do I get the traffic to evenly pass over both the microwave links. 802.3ad does not seem to work since the link is point-to-point and not a bridge.

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:12 pm

802.3ad is not per packet balancer. Change to balance-rr .
Also note that there should be no interference and both links should have the same bandwidth.

gilljr
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:50 am

We ended up switching to banance rr to send traffic over both links. At this point the traffic looks good and I am not seeing any issues.