Community discussions

MikroTik App

raunakm
just joined
Topic Author

Hotspot Help - Want User IP changed after authentication

Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:09 pm

Hello All,

I have tried searching forums for this issue but haven't found a solution which helps me.

I am planning to set up a public hotspot. For some reasons I have to provide users with live IP address after authentication.

Non Authenticated user should get a private IP
After authentication, it should get a public IP

Please help me setup the hotspot in this way.

The mikrotik documentation available is for v2.8 while current routerOS is v 6.32.3. The options described for v2.8 are much different than what is available on v6.32.3

Thanks and regards

juanvi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Hotspot Help - Want User IP changed after authentication

Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:04 pm

I have done this:

Create a DHCP server for the privante range running on the Hotspot interface. Non authenticated users can browse Walled garden with masquerading/private IP.

Under Hotspot/server profiles/ I've cheched use Radius. I use UserManager.

When raidus athenticated, client get a public IP from the pool specified in UserManager user's settings and can go internet with public ip.

raunakm
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:17 pm

I have done this:

Create a DHCP server for the privante range running on the Hotspot interface. Non authenticated users can browse Walled garden with masquerading/private IP.

Under Hotspot/server profiles/ I've cheched use Radius. I use UserManager.

When raidus athenticated, client get a public IP from the pool specified in UserManager user's settings and can go internet with public ip.
What is your routerOS version on both usermanager and hotspot mikrotiks?

By anychance you would allow me to use your usermanager for testing. I am using a hosted radius solution for PPPoE which does not have a DHCP server facility. I would be really grateful to you. Sending you a PM as well.

juanvi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:50 pm

What is your routerOS version on both usermanager and hotspot mikrotiks?

By anychance you would allow me to use your usermanager for testing. I am using a hosted radius solution for PPPoE which does not have a DHCP server facility. I would be really grateful to you. Sending you a PM as well.
Latest CURRENT version on controller (Usermanager/Capsman/Hotspot/DHCP... runing on CCR1036) and remote controlled AP's (CAP's)

Can't allow you to do that and can't help you in comunication between your hosted radius and Mikotik Hotspot because I'm using Mikrotik all-in-one solution. I do not need to worry about radius hotspot comunication because Mikrotik guys have done all this works for me! :wink: Sorry

Hope others can help you in radius intergration.