Community discussions

MikroTik App

PeterDoBrasil
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

# BUG !!! INTERFACE - ETHER - POWER-CYCLE-PING-ADDRESS #

Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:26 pm

Power-Cycle-Ping-Address turns Red, I do not have any PoE on all Interfaces, this feature is New from Mikrotik, which Address I must add to turn off the Red Text ??
:?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ansy
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: # BUG !!! INTERFACE - ETHER - POWER-CYCLE-PING-ADDRESS #

Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:52 am

Another bug?
2015-11-09 16-56-23 Скриншот экрана.png
Why does it reboot my PoE device while it's online?

And what about "grace period" to NOT reboot while device is starting just after power cycle and before it become ready to ping reply?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PaulsMT
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:15 pm

PeterDoBrasil - You should try with 6.33 version.

Another bug?
2015-11-09 16-56-23 Скриншот экрана.png
Why does it reboot my PoE device while it's online?

And what about "grace period" to NOT reboot while device is starting just after power cycle and before it become ready to ping reply?

Poe board starts to power-cycle interface if Host doesn't respond to PING or ARP-ping, can you please try ping manualy with both methods on 6.33 version ?

And "grace period" can be set with "power-cycle-ping-timeout" parameter

wiredesk
just joined

Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:42 pm

Hello,
I confirm this bug with ROS 6.33 on two devices - PowerBOX and 951Ui-2HnD. Also with ROS 6.34rc5 on 951Ui-2HnD. When you add an ethernet port to bridge or make it Switch slave, then Power Cycle Host Alive is never on. If you leave the port stand alone (not in bridge or switch slave) then it works as expected.
Best regards

PaulsMT
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:29 pm

Thanks for reporting, I just reproduced this bug. We will try to fix this soon.

Ansy
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:30 am

I can confirm, all my ports are bridged together, ROS v6.33.1 on RB750UP.
Can ping IP manually, but Power-Cycle-Ping ignores this fact and reboots connected/powered device.

PaulsMT
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:45 pm

At the moment fix for this bug is available in our RC version, and also will be included in the next bugfix version.

Ansy
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:16 am

I've upgraded bridging RB750UP to 6.33.2, Power-Cycle-Ping is fixed -- THANKS MT!

I wonder how often powered devices are pinged? Power Cycle Ping Timeout value?

What if my device starts to reply ping in 5-10-15 minutes after powered on (f.e. Cambium heater applied when cold weather), but I want to ping test it every 2-3 minutes?

What is the Power Cycle Ping Timeout minimum value? "Grace period" for certain powered device or more I think?

PaulsMT
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:10 pm

I've upgraded bridging RB750UP to 6.33.2, Power-Cycle-Ping is fixed -- THANKS MT!

I wonder how often powered devices are pinged? Power Cycle Ping Timeout value?

What if my device starts to reply ping in 5-10-15 minutes after powered on (f.e. Cambium heater applied when cold weather), but I want to ping test it every 2-3 minutes?

What is the Power Cycle Ping Timeout minimum value? "Grace period" for certain powered device or more I think?
If the power-cycle-ping is enabled, PSE (PoE out device) will send ping every 10 s. This interval is not changeable. In your case when " device starts to reply ping in 5-10-15 minutes", you should use power-cycle-ping-timeout period greater than 15m.

power-cycle-ping-timeout value range is from 0s to 1h.

gammy69er
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:57 am

I need to Get some into on this one.

Please confirm my Suspicions :)

1. Power Cycle Pings a Host, but ONLY on the interface it is enabled for, correct?
2. it WILL NOT currently ping any routable devices on other interfaces
3. This is basically useless if you wish to monitor a device on the other side of a VLAN/PPPoE Session.

Feature Request - make the Power Cycle ping ping on any interface - or at least give us the option to choose either
an interface
checkbox for this interface only
or both.

This may run as intended, but not currently as it should. Currently VLAN is very helpful for my backhaul networks as it also allows me to run a Hotspot from the core, i could go the other way and run the HS over a VLAN, but this means that if anyone does happen to get into my Backhaul, they have access (highly unlikely - but possible), with the HS on the main LAN, adds a layer of authentication.  Currently have one device i am trying to patch temporarily, until i can get up to replace - would prefer to not reboot entire router every time, and as the eternet port has no network on it at all - kinda not cool (and having to passthrough on the HS is a dick move)

SteveWrightNZ
just joined

Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:44 am

What ever happened with this bug?

I have a PowerBox Pro with v6.41.1 and it refuses to power-cycle any POE interface, and power-cycle ping does no action whatsoever, as if it is configured incorrectly. It is running from solar + 24V battery, usually about 26V supply.

Can anyone advise?

digitexwireless

Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:13 pm

Still seeing this as a bug no matter what the setting of Force On or Auto On. Mikrotik any fix planned?

kolombo82
just joined

Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:26 am

I have the same problem, power cyrcle does not work on PowerBox Pro with v6.42.3.
Is it bug?

Montmay
just joined

Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:12 pm

Yes it's a bug !
Have same problem.
If your pinged IP is not on interface, like on vlan management.

marekm

Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:54 am

I can confirm on CRS328, both 6.43.16 and 6.44.3 still have this bug (with the shiny new recommended hw-offloaded bridge VLAN setup). Normal ping from command line to the same IP addresses works just fine, but power-cycle-ping reboots the devices periodically as if there was never any response. ARP table shows as if the pings were sent from bridge itself (untagged) instead of the proper tagged VLAN on the bridge. If power-cycle-ping is actually ARP ping (not ICMP), please allow specifying the interface in addition to IP address.

Ticket#2019070322006731

wojtek2
just joined

Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:43 pm

NetPower 16p, RB750Pr2 (powerBox), firmware 6.45.9 still not working!!!. Ping works, but the device on the port is restarting. Will it ever work! ??