Community discussions

MikroTik App

Aufan388
Topic Author

Windows 10 Compatibility for RouterOS

Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:45 am

Hi,

I wanted to upgrade the RouterOS from 5.26 to 6.32 on an old clients RB through a direct connection on Ethernet. I set a static ip of 192.168.10.1 on my IPv4 settings and couldn't find the RB on Winbox. I then took it home to my personal laptop running Win7 with the same static IP and it worked no problem. I know that 5.x was made before Windows 10, I just want to make sure this is the cause of the problem.

I've looked around the forum and online and couldn't find an answer. This may be a simple answer but I've only used router OS for 1 month and later this month I'm going for MTCNA training.

Thanks in advance :)

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Windows 10 Compatibility for RouterOS

Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:01 pm

There have been man changes in RouterOS and Winbox lately. If you would check changelog of RouterOS, then you would see that Winbox also depends on RouterOS version. If you would have latest version of RouterOS, Winbox 3.0 and Windows 10, then you would see this router on neighbours list. I can assure you that because I have tested it myself.

Aufan388
Topic Author

Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:34 pm

There have been man changes in RouterOS and Winbox lately. If you would check changelog of RouterOS, then you would see that Winbox also depends on RouterOS version. If you would have latest version of RouterOS, Winbox 3.0 and Windows 10, then you would see this router on neighbours list. I can assure you that because I have tested it myself.

Well, I did see that but something still isn't right and I have winbox 3.0 (no cr X)/ OS 5.X and higher on the router. Sometimes after about 2 minutes it appears but then I try to log-in, it sits on connecting until it times out.

It may be thislaptop, it is a very low quality (standard day-today business use laptop) and I've been having other issues non-network related.

Would like to hear if anyone else maybe has had the problem...?

Aufan388
Topic Author

Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:56 pm

Well, after 4 days and not changing any computer configurations..the router started to appear and I can connect. It must be something with this bad work laptop.