Community discussions

MikroTik App

mbfound
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Downgrade RouterOS (to bugfix/6.32.3) on a WDS router remotely (from 6.33)

Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:44 pm

Hi guys,

So I have the following problem: I upgraded RouterOS at a small hotspot WDS network (1 main Groove, 2 slave grooves) we have 200KM away, I guess I got too complacent with all previous OS updates working fine but it seems 6.33 broke something on our "check in and download a script and run it if necessary" system. Everything else worked 100% fine so I didn't pick it up.

Now I can create a VPN the main router and I downgraded it to 6.32.3 and now the check-in system runs fine but how can I downgrade the 2 slaves? Those 2 can't pick up our "connect to VPN" script because of obvious reasons.

Thanks in advance
MB

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Downgrade RouterOS (to bugfix/6.32.3) on a WDS router remotely (from 6.33)

Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:33 pm

Do the slave grooves connect to the master? have you done a scan to see if you can wirelessly connect to them?

If they are wirelessly registered, they should appear on ip > neighbors; right click on each and mac-telnet to them...

Do you have RoMON enabled? if not, the most comfortable way to connect via winbox directly to them (if you don't fancy the CLI) would be:

Mac-telnet to them and issue
/tool romon set enabled=yes
Do the same on the router.

using winbox, connect to the main one using the "Connect to Romon" button on winbox 3.

You'll see them appear on the "Romon Neighbors" tab, being able to connect directly to them individually from winbox.
Simplicity is the Ultimate Sophistication - Da Vinci
Getting the most out of this forum

mbfound
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:20 pm

Do the slave grooves connect to the master? have you done a scan to see if you can wirelessly connect to them?

**snip**

You'll see them appear on the "Romon Neighbors" tab, being able to connect directly to them individually from winbox.
My colleague managed to downgrade them through telnet, but I just tried it for kicks and it works brilliantly. Will make my life easier in the future. Thanks!

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:29 am

Glad it was useful, you can even save RoMON accessed devices directly on WinBox, it will remember the "agent" and store both passwords (agent's and accessed device) on Winbox...

You can also use ping and ssh over RoMON (/tool romon). And even Drag and drop files from one winbox instance to another.

RoMON will also work over multiple hops independently from Layer2 / Layer3, as long as all the devices have RoMON enabled.
Simplicity is the Ultimate Sophistication - Da Vinci
Getting the most out of this forum