Community discussions

MikroTik App

ColoCenter
just joined
Topic Author

Best routerboard device for PPPoE server

Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:16 pm

Hi All,

I like the implementation of the PPPoE server in the Mikrotik routeros. Which device is at the moment the best to get for a PPPoE server setup. I have a CCR1036-12G-4S-EM in my network, but have some issues with the PPPoE server part of the device.
Would for example the new RB3011UiAS-RM be a good choice? I heard that the RB.... versions are anyways better for PPPoE purposes then the CCR series.

Thanks for the input.

Alexander

ColoCenter
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Best routerboard device for PPPoE server

Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:31 pm

Hi all,

No suggestions? Any help would be appreciated. Which device will be best suitable taking CPU, ram etc of the device in consideration?

lambert
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Best routerboard device for PPPoE server

Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:10 am

Without personal experience,

If the CCR isn't cutting it for you, the only option with similar performance capabilities would be x86.

You didn't say how many PPPoE clients or what the total bandwidth was. You didn't even tell us what your symptoms are. Maybe you have a low enough load that a RB3011 would handle it. The RB3011 being a new system architecture, it would not be my first choice. I would likely try a RB1100AHx2, if x86 is not an option.

Have you opened a support case with support@mikrotik.com with attached supout.rif when experiencing the problem? They may be able to resolve your issue.