Community discussions

MikroTik App

giriv
just joined
Topic Author

Queues Not Working

Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:11 am

Hi!

I'm trying to set up queues on the interfaces but it doesn't seem to work - no matter what I do I can't seem to figure out how to set 10mbps for ether2, 10mbps for ether3 and 5mbps for ether4.

Am I just missing something?

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Queues Not Working

Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:04 am

You are missing information in your post. Like your configuration and your expectations.
But a first hint: queues do not work when you have Fast Track enabled. So first check that.

giriv
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:09 am

Thank you for your response!

Wnetwork for three locations.

The topography is as follows:

ISP Fiber connection --> Microtik RB2011UiAS-RM Routerboard --> Location 1 (via ethernet)
Microtik RB2011UiAS-RM Routerboard --> Ubiquiti Directional Rocket --> Location 2
Microtik RB2011UiAS-RM Routeboard --->Ubiquiti Directional Rocket --> Location 3

Both Location 2 and Location 3 are on Ether 3 (as they go through one antenna).

I need Queues set up so that Location 1 gets 10mbps guaranteed, Location 2 gets 10mbps guaranteed, and Location 3 gets 5 mbps guaranteed. The ISP connection is 25mbps.

Obviously most of the time none of the locations will be using all of their allotment, and it is ideal that the "unused" bandwidth be available to the other locations, unless required by the designated location.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:39 am

You can do that by setting up a Queue on each interface, and for those 2 you can make a Queue Tree which starts on the interface and has 2 siblings for each customer. You match them on a mark you add in the mangle postrouting table.

First get the simple queue to work.

I have a complicated setup with many queue trees matching on QoS priorities etc, and I can assure you it works fine.
However, this is not for the beginner.

giriv
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:23 pm

Thank you! I turned off both fasttrack rules in IP/Firewall and now the queue works when I target an IP range. However when I try to change the target to ether3-slave-local it stops working. Under statistics it shows no traffic either.

I'm sure it's the correct interface as it shows traffic in Interfaces.

Am I missing something?

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:24 pm

Thank you! I turned off both fasttrack rules in IP/Firewall and now the queue works when I target an IP range. However when I try to change the target to ether3-slave-local it stops working. Under statistics it shows no traffic either.

I'm sure it's the correct interface as it shows traffic in Interfaces.

Am I missing something?
You cannot queue on a switch slave interface!
Those slave-local interfaces are switchports that connect to the next lower master-local port.
First change that!
In the interface definition you remove the "master port" setting. Then it becomes a direct interface instead of
a switch slave port. To keep things clear, also rename the interface to simply ether3 (remove the -slave-local).
The name in itself does nothing, it is the configuration that matters, but it saves you later hair-pulling when you come back and know about these details.

Once ether3 is a separate interface, you can connect your queue to that.