Community discussions

MikroTik App

sirtcp
just joined
Topic Author

RADIUS hotspot page 404 not found

Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:08 pm

i am using router board rb2011uiasI have never used RADIUS/user manager of Mikrotik before. however this time i want my Router board to run in dual mode. for office and for outsiders. i want to add outside users to come by UserManager / RADIUS and i control all official nodes by firewall.

now when i enable the RADIUS. it does show me error "Error 404: Not Found". i google the issue and found that if i change the port from 80 to something it will do the trick however it didn;t do the job. it still showing me same 404 error.

even double check the WWW service is running on 808 port and when i put my Mikrotik IP it also shows the control menu however when i add xx.xx.xx.xx/userman it shows the problem.

now i have two question how can i resolve it?

does that mean i can not use my routerboard as hostspot for outsiders and Accesspoint for official users togather?

Thanks,
Yousuf

ConnectivityEngineer
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: RADIUS hotspot page 404 not found

Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:38 am

You should be able to do this - as long as a few things are in place.

1. If your using 2 different networks and place one in HotSpot mode - than only that network would require the hotspot...
2. Is the Radius Server authentication working?

What if anything is showing in the logs

sirtcp
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:37 am

Thanks for the tip i have now created a virtual wireless interface and assigned that to the hotspot. now i can connect and see the hotspot authentication page. now i have two SSIDs in one RouterOS firewall.
1 - one is for local LAN users Accesspoint.
2 - one for outsiders as hotspot.

now the problem part.
i still can not see the usermanager page.
it is still saying 404 not found.

i can reach hotspot login page working great.
WWW is using port 808
when i use xx.xx.xx.xx:808 it shows me my web console of the firewall which is also cool.
but when i xx.xx.xx.xx:808/userman then it shows 404 not found error.

this is how i created my radius.
/radius add service=hotspot address=10.x.x.1 secret=mypassword authentication-port=1812 accounting-port=1813 timeout=300 src-address=10.x.x.15

where address is my mikrotik firewall address and src-address is my station ip to access the 10.x.x.1:808/userman page.

any guidance would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Yousuf

sirtcp
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:49 am

Any help will be highly appreciated. becuase i am banging my head for few days. i know i am doing some thing wrong and it is a one click matter but i am not reaching their. becuase everything from Hotspot login page to WWW services working fine except the userman page.
please help