MikroTik App

AlexS
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

CCR1036 and mirror ports

Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:45 am

Hi

Do I have any of this functionality under http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Sw ... _Mirroring

I am trying to setup a span port ... mirror all packets and send them to another interface.

becs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: CCR1036 and mirror ports

Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:14 am

CCR1036 router does not have any switch-chip therefore none of RouterOS commands in the RouterOS Switch menu work.

On CCR1036 similar functionality to port mirroring can be achieved by using a sniffer tool with configured streaming server.
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:To ... er#Example

ConnectivityEngineer
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:16 am

If you add the port you wish to monitor to a bridge - and then add another port to the bridge the second port on the bridge will act like a mirrored port.

I know its a bit clunky - however since there are NO SWITCH CHIPS in the Cloud Core Router series - this is the work around if you need something wireline (ie running wireshark or similar on your desktop)

Becs solution above imho is a better option :-)

robertkjonesjr
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:19 am

If you add the port you wish to monitor to a bridge - and then add another port to the bridge the second port on the bridge will act like a mirrored port.
It's not obvious why this would be so. Can you elaborate? If mac address learning was disabled somehow then yes - it would be a hub, not a bridge. Otherwise, unicast traffic should not be copied to this other port.