Community discussions

MikroTik App

0dz
just joined
Topic Author

hAP ac lite RB952Ui-5ac2nD POE-in problems

Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:05 pm

I'm having trouble powering my hAP ac lite RB952 with POE using long cable via patch panel. With a short cable it works just fine. I’m powering it with an RB260GSp. The wiki tells me that there should be an option to enable POE long cable on ether1 but there is no setting for it in my RB952. I have been looking everywhere and I’m beginning to think that it is not possible to set this option. I’m using RouterOS 6.33.3.
Setting the poe-out settings on the powering RB260GSp to "power on" instead of "auto" does not fix the problem so I can’t rule out a cable issue. Powering the hAP with the included power adapter works but i realy want to use POE instead.

I have read the wiki and gone to page 2 of several google searches and have not found a solution or explanation to my problem so I’m hoping that you geniuses can help me.

/interface ethernet> set eth1-master
advertise bandwidth disabled mac-address mtu poe-out sfp-rate-select
arp combo-mode full-duplex master-port name poe-priority speed
auto-negotiation comment l2mtu mdix-enable orig-mac-address rx-flow-control tx-flow-control

/interface ethernet> poe
edit export find monitor power-cycle print set unset

/interface ethernet> poe set
eth5 poe-out power-cycle-interval power-cycle-ping-enabled numbers
name poe-priority power-cycle-ping-address power-cycle-ping-timeout

notToNew
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: hAP ac lite RB952Ui-5ac2nD POE-in problems

Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:15 pm

Did you solve your problem? Have the same issue...

georgehoppper11
just joined

Re: hAP ac lite RB952Ui-5ac2nD POE-in problems

Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:51 am

Mikrotik Support - I'm having the exact same problem. Short cable works and longer (not very long mind you, mine is about 30 feet) does not. Can you please respond to this request. I purchased a handful of HAP AC Lites and expect them to be POE powered , not powered w/ an AC brick. As far as I can tell there is no documentation indicating the option to set the ether1-poe-in-long-cable=yes from /interface ethernet poe settings has gone away. None-the-less the option is not there and the device does not work w/ poe in on a 30' cable. You guys make great products at a great price and we own about 150 ranging from hap ac light to CCR1009s so I'm not in general critical of Mikrotik. But what gives on this issue? This question was asked over 2 years ago and no response from Mikrotik that I can see. That's lame support. Please respond and at least give me some feedback if this is an oversight/bug and will be fixed or if it's a product limitation and will never be fixed. If the later, kindly publish a list of the hardware which does not have this setting because I definitely must take this into consideration when deciding which models to purchase. Thanks.