Community discussions

askarz
just joined
Topic Author

Tx/Rx rate rate of ethernet interafaces suddenly drops to zero and then resumes to actual traffic

Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:02 pm

Hi All,

Am using RB1100AHx2 in my Network. Router OS version is 6.33.3.

Am using, PCQ queues , Firewall filter rule with input and forward chain, Mangle rule to route traffic to two ISPs for two separate LAN Networks.

Now my Problem is, i can see a sudden drop in TX and RX rate of internet traffic to zero in all the interface and it resumes to actual traffic and 2 Secs approximately.

Kindly let me know if any further details are required.

Can any one help me on this to solve?

lambert
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Tx/Rx rate rate of ethernet interafaces suddenly drops to zero and then resumes to actual traffic

Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:03 pm

It's just a statistics gathering/display anomaly. It's been brought up several times in the forums. It may not be the easiest symptom to search for in the forum.

p3rad0x
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Tx/Rx rate rate of ethernet interafaces suddenly drops to zero and then resumes to actual traffic

Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:04 am

Question,

Are you running ospf on the router, and if you ping one of the interfaces is there any timeouts?

On my main bridge routers I observe the same, but only when the ospf changed a route.

Traffic drops to 0 and then spikes to 30Mbps+ above average, using RB1100AHx2's

It will do this for a few hours and then the interfaces is reporting traffic all the time again.

While this is happening there is no packet loss on the network.

I think it has something to do with the interfaces not reporting their traffic for a second or so.

Or we did something wrong on our ends
There you go then you touched something ;-) : it only takes a change in wind direction to screw with your nat :-)

askarz
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:10 pm

Hi p3rad0x,

I don't run OSPF.

I configured only ISP WAN IP srcnat to private subnet.