I have an RB2011 with FW 6.32.3 (last bugfix release). I have fully working IPv4 and IPv6 Internet connection and (I believe) well working SSTP server. Everything works great, there are no problems with connection from Windows 7/8.1/10 clients to VPN via SSTP (from lacations with IPv6 as well as without IPv6 connectivity).
I wanted to provide the clients with an IPv6 connectivity over VPN tunnel. I did the following:
- - I created an IPv6 pool with prefix length 64 out of my allocated address space
- - I changed a profile for SSTP server: set remote IPv6 prefix pool to the above created one, set usage of IPv6 to yes
- - dynamically created link-local address in ipv6, address
- - my IPv6 pool within used prefixes in ipv6, pool
- - IPv6 route in the routing table (DAS flags), gateway to sstp interface
- - my IPv6 pool in ipv6 neighbor discovery (flag D)
Sadly enough, after client disconnection and later reconnection from the same IPv4 address I got only link-local IPv6 address but NOT THE PUBLIC ONE! I could not find a way to get the IPv6 connection to the Internet again. The only functional thing remained, ping to the link-local address of the other end of the tunnel (in the router).
I checked the router settings, I could see the pool within the used prefixes but not within routing table and neighbor discovery.
Every suggestion what to do in order to achieve a reliable IPv6 tunnel to clients is welcome in advance.