Community discussions

MikroTik App

enuro12
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

DynaDish Network Disconnect

Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:50 pm

So i've got a couple dynadishs i've been trying to get a bridge up on. However after they initialize they immediately disable(o disconnect) Ethernet.

I thought maybe the cables were the issue but i'm now standing here with a 6ft patch cable and the exact same problem.

cannot connect to them via anything either...

Step 1 plug in the DynaDish
I Get the audiable BEEP, and ethernet comes on
About 20-35 seconds go by and i get the second BEEP BEEP, and Ethernet goes off.

This happens on both sides of the bridge.

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Re: DynaDish Network Disconnect

Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:10 pm

Guess there's nothing connected to the ether port apart from your laptop? (no loop possibility)

Did you manage to connect to them before or they came like this from factory? If they came like that
I'd netinstall them...

enuro12
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:31 pm

It tested fine before the install. That's why I thought it was a cable issue.

Also correct directly to my laptop ethernet.

I thought this would be an anxious noon mistake.

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:38 am

Can you post an export?

Guess you set a bridge on each, with the wlan1 and ether1 device added to it. either disable or delete the ether1 from that bridge on one of the dynadish and see if ether1 is no longer disabled after booting, this looks to me like once the wireless link is established a network loop is created.

enuro12
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:21 pm

BINGO!

I remember doing that.... :)

I cannot post an export since it wont let me in the silly thing.

enuro12
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:28 pm

Alright, i finally got netinstall to re-install my os and i'm up and running again. Note to self, no more bridging all the ports together!

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:41 pm

There's no problem in bridging both ports, in fact it is needed for transparent layer 2 connectivity.

Problem is if both networks are already layer 2 - connected, as you would be creating another link, and thus, a network loop. RouterOS (R)STP detects this in the bridge, and disables one port to break the loop.

Which networks are you linking? Are both linked by other means already??

Have you by chance used backups (not .rsc exports) to "clone" one radio config into the other??

enuro12
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:49 pm

Interesting. I just mounted them and pointed them. They were never connected to anything other than laptops. In the office it worked fine, but once mounted 10 miles from each other this started. I'll get the export from the radio still left and report back.

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:46 pm

That's why I asked if you used a backup file from one radio and loaded it on the other...

backups are only valid for a given device, with a given ROS version.

If you did that you may have cloned MAC addresses from one radio into the other, "fooling" (R)STP into thinking there's a loop when the link is established.

For device-neutral configuration exports, you should use /export command from the cli.

enuro12
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:34 am

So i never restored anything on either radio. Just straight from the box to bridge mode. For whatever reason i discovered the far side radio would only shut down ethernet when plugged into a mikrotik RB951Ui-2HnD. If i power cycle it my laptop would connect to the ethernet cable. However in Winbox i could see the mac address, with no IP. Every other time that's happened it would connect fine. This time it wouldn't.

After setting up a DHCP server on my laptop it picked up an IP and let me connect fine. I updated from 6.33.2 to 6.33.5 and the problem mysteriously disappeared.