Community discussions

MikroTik App

sdrenner
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

PPPoe and Static Ip's

Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:59 pm

I have my MT doing pppoe-public and pppoe-private. What I would like to do now is be able to do pppoe-public and static ip for those customers that need a static ip. I am doing this with my billing and radius server telling the MT that the customer is either public or private via radius attributes. I thought would be to keep doing that but add an attribute of Framed-IP-address and leave that address out of the pppoe-public pool.

Any thoughts on this??

savage
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:04 am

Provided you use the right fields for the Operator (=, ==, :=, etc), you can still leave the Pool-Name in the group, then just assign the Framed-IP-Address on a per user level.

If the operators are right (and I'm not sure what it should be from the top of my head), the Framed-IP-Address *should* take preference over the Pool-Name attribute.

Again, keep in mind whether MT will honour that or not, is a different story. I would EXPECT Framed-IP-Address to take precedence over a Framed-Pool.

Alternatively, use Radius' rlm_ippool and manage your dynamic IP pools in Radius as well instead of Mikrotik for the Dymanic IP assignments. rlm_ippool will automatically stop looking for a dynamic IP if it sees that a Framed-IP-Address has already been allocated.

Syonyk
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:10 pm

In my experience, Framed-IP-Address does override Framed-Pool on MT routers.

-=Russ=-