MikroTik App

alexvdbaan
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Setup VyprVPN L2TP\IPSEC client with certificate

Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:07 pm

Goodmorning everyone,

I recently setup VyprVPN with my mikrotik device to function as upstream VPN tunnel for added privacy online. Currently I have the setup working with PPTP, this is unsecure so I would prefer to move to L2TP\IPSEC. VyperVPN supports this with their own certificate.

So after I converted the p12 certificate with opensl to pem format, I imported the certificate in RouterOS. Now my problem starts. If I setup my l2tp client I have the possibility to add a IPSec passphrase, I trid to include the certificate pasphrase but that didnt work. I also tried looking at creating a direct IPSEC tunnel but I couldnt really find where I could select my imported certificate.

Does anyone of you perhaps have a similar setup running? Hope you could push me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Alex

amyacker
just joined

Re: Setup VyprVPN L2TP\IPSEC client with certificate

Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:22 pm

Name: Enter the name to help you identify a VPN connection. We recommend that you enter the name server addresses that will be used later for the location. For example: Vyprvpn
Type: L2TP/IPSec PSK
Server address: Type one of the server addresses we provided you with under My Servers
L2TP Secret: (Leave blank)
IPSec identifier: (Leave blank)
IPSec pre-shared key: vyprvpn
DNS search domains: (Leave blank)
DNS servers (e.g.8.8.8.8): (Leave blank)

Tap Save once you are done!
Tap the VPN profile you just made. Type your VPN Username and Password that you signed up with. Make sure Save account information is ticked. Then tap Connect.
Tried it many times but still shown "connection timed out" error. Error code: 868

nin
just joined

Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:37 pm

Any news? I have ordered a CCR and it's time to play with it.

kennerblick
just joined

Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:35 pm

Goodmorning everyone,

I recently setup VyprVPN with my mikrotik device to function as upstream VPN tunnel for added privacy online. Currently I have the setup working with PPTP, this is unsecure so I would prefer to move to L2TP\IPSEC. VyperVPN supports this with their own certificate.

So after I converted the p12 certificate with opensl to pem format, I imported the certificate in RouterOS. Now my problem starts. If I setup my l2tp client I have the possibility to add a IPSec passphrase, I trid to include the certificate pasphrase but that didnt work. I also tried looking at creating a direct IPSEC tunnel but I couldnt really find where I could select my imported certificate.

Does anyone of you perhaps have a similar setup running? Hope you could push me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Alex
Did you get on with your problem? Do you have a solution for L2TP with IPSec dial-in for a VPN provider?