Community discussions

MikroTik App

mpreissner
Topic Author

Feature Request: Revamped Firewall UI that groups rules by chain

Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:00 pm

Anyone else used to looking at IP Tables rules where everything is grouped by chain? I think it's much easier to read and make adjustments than lumping everything into the same table. It would be nice to see a separate rule table for INPUT, FORWARD, and OUTPUT.

ZeroByte
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Feature Request: Revamped Firewall UI that groups rules by chain

Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:07 pm

Try this:
fwfilter.png
It's even got the added bonus that when using the view-filter, if you click the blue + to add a rule, the chain will automatically be defaulted to be whatever chain you've chosen in the view filter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mpreissner
Topic Author

Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:51 pm

Try this:
fwfilter.png
It's even got the added bonus that when using the view-filter, if you click the blue + to add a rule, the chain will automatically be defaulted to be whatever chain you've chosen in the view filter.

Useful, thanks! But doesn't help for Winbox-less environments. I run almost exclusively OS X and Linux, and I always seem to have problems with Wine. I occasionally use Webfig, and I see the option there to filter it, but it would be nice to have this on the command line as well.

ZeroByte
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:34 pm

Useful, thanks! But doesn't help for Winbox-less environments. I run almost exclusively OS X and Linux, and I always seem to have problems with Wine. I occasionally use Webfig, and I see the option there to filter it, but it would be nice to have this on the command line as well.
/ip firewall filter print where chain=input

mpreissner
Topic Author

Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:41 pm

BAM!

I guess I was more looking for command line output in the normal iptables format, but that works.