Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

nabuk
Topic Author

Ghost pppoe session on ccr 1036

Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:06 pm

Hi all,
we have 6 ccr 1036-8g-2s+em doing pppoe server. All have the same issue:

a lot of ghost session in pppoe server menu, they appear no running but only dynamic.
The bras on customer side are on the same layer2 domain so a customer is really connected on one bras but is "ghost" on other bras. On the radius we find also that mikrotik doesn't send anymore accounting data update/stop packet for the ghost client so we have two active client in radacct table.
Seems that only for some customers mikrotik will loose the disconnection, in pppoe server menù the interface appear not running. Also in ip address the customer ip is invalid.
Some time we can find the invalid ip address and the interface in ppp active menù and some other time we can find only the not running clients in pppoe server.
The only way to flush is reboot the system.

We try a lot of mikrotik version without success, any idea ?

The conf are all the same with a freeradius 3 server with sql ip pool for the customer ip assignment
On mikrotik side:

/ppp aaa print
use-radius: yes
accounting: yes
 use-circuit-id-in-nas-port-id: no
interim-update: 10m

/ppp profile print
0 * name="default" local-address=x.x.x.x remote-address=fallback use-mpls=no use-compression=default 
     use-encryption=default only-one=yes change-tcp-mss=yes use-upnp=no queue-type=pppoe address-list="" on-up="" on-down="" 

interface pppoe-server server server print
service-name="" interface=vlan100 max-mtu=1480 max-mru=1480 mrru=disabled authentication=pap,chap,mschap1,mschap2 
     keepalive-timeout=10 one-session-per-host=yes max-sessions=0 default-profile=default 
Each bras have 38 pppoe server attached to some vlan.

cipito
just joined

Re: Ghost pppoe session on ccr 1036

Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:46 pm

i have the same problem!
since upgrading 6.34.2!
i have upgraded to 6.34.3 but still the same problem.

I get my public IPs pool filled altough i'd have enough IPS.

Please fix this !!!

ethernet
just joined

Re: Ghost pppoe session on ccr 1036

Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:30 am