Community discussions

MikroTik App

hci
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

CPU Temperature

Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:01 pm

It would be nice to be able to monitor CPU temperature in our Mikrotik routers. I am not sure if there is a standard way to monitor temperature on motherboards though. Right now we use pretty much exclusively Supermicro.

Matt

bjohns
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:38 am

This would be a handy feature, we have quite a few units sitting in some warm, remote places that I would like to be a bit more proactive about.

I guess the hurdle to get over is how to successfully support all the various chipsets?

dorijan
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:01 am

I think there is a complete utility for linux that solved all this issues for many motherboards and chipsets...

stephenpatrick
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:04 am

That would be a really good idea, as our wireless routers (non-Routerboard) are mostly going to be outdoors in sealed boxes, and some in some pretty hot countries ...

All the Bios's we've seen show the "signs of health" including CPU temp, fan speed, and CPU core voltages. I'm guessing that these are measured/addressable using the same or similar h/w port on all boards.
It shouldn't be too hard to have them all displayable on a tab under the "system status", which would diagnose a "sick or failing" system which is falling out of operating spec, before it breaks ...

[Silly me, just noticed the voltages are shown even on Soekris. But temp or fan is not]

Regards

Stephen
Last edited by stephenpatrick on Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Freman
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:34 am

Might I suggest that Mikrotik support One Wire File System in someway
there are all sorts of sensors availible for One Wire Networks.

http://owfs.sourceforge.net/

http://www.maxim-ic.com/quick_view2.cfm/qv_pk/2815

And they run of a serial port.