Community discussions

MikroTik App

macak91
just joined
Topic Author

WiFi disconnecting

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:37 pm

Hello,

I have a strange problem with my two Mikrotik devices (both are running newest RouterOS).

The first one is 2011UiAS-2HnD (it is acting as a router...DHCP, PPPoE and of course WiFi). Wifi is set with the default configuration. I changed SSID and put it on channel 1. Security is WPA2 AES only.

The other device is 951G-2HnD (it was meant only as an AP with WiFi). SSID is the same as on my router, but on channel 11 (same security profile).

On the main router I have set VLAN on port 5 (from there the cable goes to AP on port 1). VLAN is needed for my TV equipment, which is connected on port 2 on AP (multicast traffic).

Problems I am facing is that I am connected to Wifi (router or AP) and suddenly I get disconnected (the wifi shows "No internet"...sometimes I get automatically connected, sometimes not). I have enabled wireless debug logs, but they are not showing anything useful.

When I get disconnected I mostly get these 2 messages in log:
"disconnected, received disassoc: sending station leaving(8)" and "disconnected, group key exchange timeout".

This is very strange beacuse I am on the internet and I get "received disassoc:...", so this is not a "power saving" problem as I am using the computer. Sometimes it's fine for an hour or two, sometimes I get disconnected every 15 mins (this is happening on both Mikrotik devices). The problem is on three different devices which are using the WiFi.

I tried increasing "Group key update" to 1 hour, but this doesn't resolve my problem. I also tried resetting the wireless configuration.
During tihs writing I got disconnected, I cannot ping the router, I have to manually disconnect and then reconnect.

On AP I have port 1 set as a master, the other ones are slaves. For router I have attached pictures.

Can anyone help me?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

macak91
just joined
Topic Author

Re: WiFi disconnecting

Mon May 09, 2016 8:01 pm

Looks like the problem is solved. It was a client issue