Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

Ham
just joined
Topic Author

ROS Bugfix 6.32.4 - Bricking QRT 5 AC

Thu May 05, 2016 4:45 am

We have just bricked a large number of QRT 5 AC panels by upgrading them to the latest bugfix ROS release.

One upgraded the Ethernet port becomes unresponsive.

I have attempted to Netinstall / downgrade by forcing a net boot holding down the reset. Still do not get a link light to be able to downgrade the QRT. QRT still boots and posts, as you can still hear the audible double beep confirmation but am not able to get a link via the Ethernet port.

A warning for people using the Bugfix ROS release not to use it on QRT - AC's

littlebill
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: ROS Bugfix 6.32.4 - Bricking QRT 5 AC

Thu May 05, 2016 6:19 am

We have just bricked a large number of QRT 5 AC panels by upgrading them to the latest bugfix ROS release.

One upgraded the Ethernet port becomes unresponsive.

I have attempted to Netinstall / downgrade by forcing a net boot holding down the reset. Still do not get a link light to be able to downgrade the QRT. QRT still boots and posts, as you can still hear the audible double beep confirmation but am not able to get a link via the Ethernet port.

A warning for people using the Bugfix ROS release not to use it on QRT - AC's

default config install script is also broke, supported confirmed only 3 hours to figure that out

Ham
just joined
Topic Author

Mon May 09, 2016 3:17 am

Turns out there is a bug in 6.32.4 (bux fix tree) with QRT's

QRT Gbit interface will not negotiate at 10/100 half or full. Gbit POE to a Gbit Eth interface is needed to get activity back on the QRT Eth interface.

changeip
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon May 09, 2016 7:12 pm

I havent confirmed this but I believe NetMetals are also affected. Had one that wouldn't work on anything but a gigabit link after upgrade.

Sam
Colo and Wholesale Bandwidth Available! Sales at SanDiegoBroadband dot com