Community discussions

MikroTik App

swang2002
just joined
Topic Author

arp timeout

Tue May 24, 2016 11:49 pm

Over the past three weeks I have had several instances where a customer will call me saying that their internet service wasn't working. Upon investigation, the ARP entry for their IP address was pointing to a different MAC address. I would scour the network for the MAC address of the offending device, only to discover that it either didn't exist, or didn't have that IP address anymore. Deleting the incorrect ARP entry fixes the problem for good.

My guess is that the problem started around the same time I added a LAG to my router (between a CCR1036 8G-2S+ and the Netonix WS400A). It could be that my settings are causing the problem, but I wanted to reach out and see if anyone else is having similar trouble. I guess my real question is "is there a known issue with ARP entry timeouts when runnning a LAG"? Running firmware 6.33.3. LAG set to 802.3ad, with layer 3,4 hash policy. I have my reservations about calling this a LAG problem, but I thought I should at least throw that out there to see what the community thinks.

amt
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: arp timeout

Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:54 pm

Hi,

did you find any solution for this ? are sure problem occured from LAG ?