Community discussions

MikroTik App

javierc
Topic Author

Force change of IP public in script

Tue May 31, 2016 12:50 am

Hi how can I refresh (change) the public IP from script? No I disable and enable ppp interface but may be exist better way.

Regards

emikrotik
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Force change of IP public in script

Tue May 31, 2016 11:52 am

Do you have a static or dynamic public IP Address?

If it is dynamic, depending on your ISP's configuration you may not be able to force it to change as it maybe a 7 day lease.

Fraction
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue May 31, 2016 11:59 am

If it is dynamic, changing mac-address of wan-interface could be one possible solution:

/interface ethernet reset-mac-address <name-of-WAN-interfae>

ZeroByte
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 31, 2016 6:04 pm

Almost certainly you cannot do anything but disconnect/reconnect (disable/enable pppoe client) until you get what you want.

The ISP is in control over what address you receive. You can try making a special ppp profile where you specify local-address and see if the ISP's PPPoE server will accept this address in the negotiations, but the chance that they will accept this is VERY slim indeed.

Is this the same post about different latency between two different subnets from the same ISP?

javierc
Topic Author

Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:23 pm

Almost certainly you cannot do anything but disconnect/reconnect (disable/enable pppoe client) until you get what you want.

The ISP is in control over what address you receive. You can try making a special ppp profile where you specify local-address and see if the ISP's PPPoE server will accept this address in the negotiations, but the chance that they will accept this is VERY slim indeed.

Is this the same post about different latency between two different subnets from the same ISP?
thanks for you answers.
I know know about other post with different latency at the same ISP.

I have dinamyq IP, so any times I prefer refresh the ip and I would lik do it with the scheduler with script.

No I am using a script based on the information of this post: http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?t=68653

Regards