Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

rgros
just joined
Topic Author

Upgrade wireless-6.35.4-tile.npk missing

Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:11 pm

Hi,

When upgrading CCR1009 to newest version i receive error that wireless-6.35.4.tile.npk is missing.

The issue here is that i cannot remove this package because this device is my Capsman manager and manages all my AP's.

So how do I upgrade? or where do i find the package?

Can this package be added on the normal upgrading process?

macgaiver
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Upgrade wireless-6.35.4-tile.npk missing

Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:15 pm

Uninstall this package first from software (/system packages menu, and then reboot) . It is useless for CCR anyway.
Read the changelogs more carefully, search for similar topics before posting.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility, because of ability to recognize id... incompetent people much faster.

nickshore

Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:33 pm

Check in system packages

You should be using wireless-fp or wireless-cm2 if you are running capsman.

If it is showing that wireless is there then remove it.

Then you should be able to upgrade.

Nick
Nick Shore MTCNA MTCWE MTCRE MTCINE MTCTCE
LinITX.com - MultiThread Consultants
Get your MikroTik RBs and Training: http://linitx.com/brand/mikrotik
Official UK MikroTik Distributor
IRC chan: #routerboard on irc.z.je (IPv4 and IPv6)

andriys
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:47 pm

Wireless package is discontinued since RouterOS v6.33.5. You need to switch from wireless to wireless-fp first. The wireless-fp supports the same version of CAPsMAN (v1) as wireless does.

In future, you are required to plan to upgrade all your devices to CAPsMAN v2 (which is incompatible with CAPsMAN v1), since wireless-fp will also be discontinued in RouterOS v6.36.

ibbeebee
just joined

Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:51 am

I am a total newbie in RouterOS.
I'm using it on a  RouterBoard 951G 2HnD With Version 6.17 on  the NBN in Australia & have run up against this error. 

A few queries: 
A: First thing do I need to upgrade to  the newest version?
B: If it's advisable,  do I then need to uninstall the Wireless package first?
C: I've found my way to System/Packages/Wireless & if I hit uninstall I then get "Scheduled for uninstall". Do I need to hit uninstall again to get to Finish uninstalling ?  
& will that mean that I will lose wireless until I have installed the new package? I'm on a LAN so losing wireless won't stop me from updating so not an issue but it would be good to know for future issues   

andriys
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:51 am

First thing do I need to upgrade to  the newest version?
Since RouterOS v6.31 updates are offered in several update streams (channels). These are "bugfix only", "current", "release candidate" and "development". It is generally recommended to stick to the latest "bugfix only" version, which at the time of this writing is 6.34.6.
do I then need to uninstall the Wireless package first?
If you are upgrading to the version where wireless package does not exist anymore (and in 6.34.6 it does not), then yes, you need to uninstall the package first.
I've found my way to System/Packages/Wireless & if I hit uninstall I then get "Scheduled for uninstall". Do I need to hit uninstall again to get to Finish uninstalling ?
No, you need to reboot your router, and uninstall will happen during reboot. The same applies to enabling/disabling packages.
will that mean that I will lose wireless until I have installed the new package?
Yes, wireless will be unavailable until you install/enable another wireless package. And if in doubt which new wireless package to choose, then you're probably looking for the wireless-cm2.

ibbeebee
just joined

Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:42 pm

Ok Uninstalled Wireless package & proceeded to download the  update.
I tried both options  Download & download & Upgrade but I'm on another loop (grins)
I click on download & upgrade the update downloads fine with Message: Downloaded.reboot router to upgrade it 
then I go to  System/reboot  
Then I get this Message in the Winbox V3.4 Window
 Router 192.158.88.1 has been disconnected with a timer running.
 If I hit the reconnect button the whole process starts again with me still in 6.17  .
I'm sure the whole issue is a lack of understanding on my part but I would love some handholding  Regards David

PS: Iv'e downloaded the  all_packages-mipsbe-6.35.4 & I found the wireless-cm2-6.35.4-mipsbe. All other packages in my files are 6.35.4 but the wireless package is empty
Will I need to drag this package to my files before updating? 
I'm sure I will get a handle on this soon but at the moment I'm overwhelmed way too much information in the help files  & when I read the upgrade info it seems really straight forward except it doesn't seem to work for me Thanks in advance for any help & handholding Regards David 

andriys
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:20 pm

I guess you are likely to run combined package right now, which means you cannot easily uninstall existing wireless package alone (in you most probably didn't). What you have to do instead is just disable the wireless package. After upgrade you will see another two wireless packages installed as part of the combined package (wireless-fp and wireless-cm2), but only one of the two can be enabled at a time.

ibbeebee
just joined

Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:15 am

I've really gone & buggered things now.
My attempts to update to 6.35.4 have now led me to the possibility of a bricked router 
I had tried many times to upgrade & all I had succeeded in doing was loosing WiFi
So I reset the device"RouterBoard 951G" & now can't log on in either windows or winbox. It won't accept either a blank password or the one I'd set.
Every other time I reset the device it reverted to the default config. But this time something has gone wrong & I don't know where to go from here.
All of the modem lights come on & it seems to be working normally, but I can't access it Regards David 

andriys
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:32 am

The reset button is multifunctional, to reset your device you need to press it before powering the device up and then release it at the right time. Please consult "Resetting the device" and "Buttons and Jumpers" sections in the Quick Setup Guide and also the following page on the wiki.

Also please check what Netinstall is, it comes in handy when someone bricks his/her device. :)

ibbeebee
just joined

Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:55 pm

I will try for netinstall next but it does look like a rather steep learning curve .
I have had another development I can access the modem through the Neighbor tab but don't have any idea what that means or whether I can configure the modem from there 
Most of the default configuration is absent  there are no addresses anymore  So either way I'm going to need to do some reading fortunately the NBN works fine with a direct connection so I have no problem connecting with the web so it looks like I will be reading the manual & the wiki for the next few days