Community discussions

MikroTik App

total13
Topic Author

Wireless radius server auth problem

Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:36 pm

Hello,

new to this boards. I have problem that couldn't find answer for. I was configuring wireless network with security profile that used RADIUS for authentication. Everything was setup perfectly but when I configured RADIUS server over "New Radius Server" window and I have copy/pasted previously used PSK I had problem with that security profile. Turned out whenever I tried to paste PSK over "window" it added extra "\\\" characters in to PSK. When I copy/pasted whole command over terminal, PSK was correctly entered. Is this known bug or?

samsung172
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Wireless radius server auth problem

Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:30 am

setup radius corectly....

total13
Topic Author

Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:13 am

I mean, it works, but as I said, problem is that "window configuration" adds extra "\\\\" characters to radius PSK. When I paste configuration (PSK) to terminal, it paste-s fine....

total13
Topic Author

Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:34 pm

I mean, it works, but as I said, problem is that "window configuration" adds extra "\\\\" characters to radius PSK. When I paste configuration (PSK) to terminal, it paste-s fine....

Ok, it is maybe redundant to answer to myself but if someone else has similar problem "\" character is used to note "new line" in mikrotik shell so seems it adds additional \\\ characters in terminal when there is "\" in radius PSK.

Maybe it would be better not to use it if not needed :)

estar
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:00 pm

It might be also because the windows notepad is using different character set and adds the extra invisible characters in when you copy and paste into a terminal window. You can use different notepad like notpad++ for windows which is free.

total13
Topic Author

Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:02 am

Definitely recommend Notepad ++, using it myself, also has nice feature it can add mikrotik syntax to itself so it nicely "color codes" mikrotik commands...