Community discussions

MikroTik App

KitMikro
Topic Author

Block Teamspeak with layer 7

Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:12 am

Hi All,

I need to block Teamspeak, I'd like to do so with the layer7 protocol. Because port blocks can be bypassed.

I found this:
^\xf4\xbe\x03.*teamspeak
But it doesn't work. I am still able to connect to the teamspeak test server.
any help would be awesome :)

loveman

Re: Block Teamspeak with layer 7

Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:33 am

What is the benefit if it is blocked ,, without block program vpn like "psiphon vpn" buz user can install psiphon vpn to connect with outside server can open all block program.

KitMikro
Topic Author

Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:50 am

What is the benefit if it is blocked ,, without block program vpn like "psiphon vpn" buz user can install psiphon vpn to connect with outside server can open all block program.
It would be fine if the user would connect trough a VPN, this would prevent other people to see our IP.

loveman

Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:57 am

It would be fine if the user would connect trough a VPN, this would prevent other people to see our IP.
You have idea or rule to block psiphon vpn? I need to block psiphon vpn.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:16 am

When will you stop whining about that?
Psiphon VPN is designed in such a way that it cannot easily be blocked. Live with it.
Furthermore, if you would succeed in blocking it (e.g. by finding all IP addresses of their servers and blocking those),
there are 1000 other services like that, so your users will simply switch to another.

KitMikro
Topic Author

Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:28 am

No I don't, and I don't care if people use a VPN.
My question though remains, How can I block Teamspeak with layer 7?
to elaborate on my question; It seems, one of my users is stalking other users with teamspeak using somekind of scriptkiddie tool. I want to prevent him from harming other internet users.

loveman

Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:40 am

No I don't, and I don't care if people use a VPN.
to elaborate on my question; It seems, one of my users is stalking other users with teamspeak using somekind of scriptkiddie tool. I want to prevent him from harming other internet users.
You can watch by tool "torch" and open the program you can see all ip's addresses and ports that program use it.
And block all ip address by address list.

loveman

Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:43 am

Psiphon VPN is designed in such a way that it cannot easily be blocked. Live with it.
Furthermore, if you would succeed in blocking it (e.g. by finding all IP addresses of their servers and blocking those),
there are 1000 other services like that, so your users will simply switch to another.
I watched by torch and i find more than 200 ip's addresses added by address list and block by rule but program still active with new ip address.

KitMikro
Topic Author

Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:39 pm

I watched by torch and i find more than 200 ip's addresses added by address list and block by rule but program still active with new ip address.
There are an insane amount of teamspeak servers out there, it would be impossible to block them all. the same goes for blocking used ports, that's why I thought about using layer7. 
seems that "^\xf4\xbe\x03.*teamspeak" this pattern only matches the actual UDP voice traffic, not the TeamSpeak web interface or "TCP query". (http://l7-filter.sourceforge.net/protocols)

KitMikro
Topic Author

Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:57 pm

I think I got it working, and so simple. if there is a better way, please share it or correct me. 
I captured some traffic when connecting to different Teamspeak servers, it seems all first packets have the same phrase inside of them. So I used that as my regex. It seems to kill all connection attempt.
:D

Paternot
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:34 pm

Isn't it overkill? You killed his Teamspeaker - and everybody else too! Wouldn't be better to just kick the user out? He is bound to find something else to keep pestering others...

KitMikro
Topic Author

Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:45 pm

Isn't it overkill? You killed his Teamspeaker - and everybody else too! Wouldn't be better to just kick the user out? He is bound to find something else to keep pestering others...
Your are right. Under normal circumstances I would never take such drastic measures, but just block the user. In this case the police is involved now and I need to make sure, other user won't make the same mistake.

loveman

Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:08 pm

I think I got it working, and so simple. if there is a better way, please share it or correct me. 
I captured some traffic when connecting to different Teamspeak servers, it seems all first packets have the same phrase inside of them. So I used that as my regex. It seems to kill all connection attempt.
Which correct method used to block it

Paternot
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:12 am

Your are right. Under normal circumstances I would never take such drastic measures, but just block the user. In this case the police is involved now and I need to make sure, other user won't make the same mistake.
Ah. Bad apples and all. I'm sorry to hear it. It is amazing how a few idiots always find a way to ruin it to everyone else. Hope the police gets him, and good riddance.

KitMikro
Topic Author

Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:37 pm

Which correct method used to block it
post number 10.