Community discussions

MikroTik App

anthonys
just joined
Topic Author

IP/Accounting - can't get accurate data

Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:18 pm

I have an RB2011UiAS-2HnD-IN running v6.36.

I wrote a small program that connects over SSH and does "/ip accounting snapshot take; /ip accounting snapshot print" at regular intervals. My goal is to generate a daily report from the snapshots, showing IP traffic broken down by each device on the LAN and each external organization (based on whois lookup of the WAN address).

All the code is working, except for the fact that the amount of data recorded in the snapshots is way too small. When I look at the "/ip accounting snapshot print" results there are a few tens of kilobytes of traffic for the active hosts on my LAN. When I downloaded a 1.4GB file on one machine it didn't show at all in the accounting snapshot. Looking at the stats for packet and byte count, it looks like the stats are from small packets - typical byte/packet count is around 100 bytes.

I have verified that I'm taking snapshots frequently enough that I'm nowhere close to overflowing the router table (which I have set to 8192). I've also verified that this isn't a case of overflowing a signed 32-bit integer, just in case that's what the router uses internally.

I noticed the following in the change log from earlier this year. I can't tell if that is for IP/Accounting, and in any case I'm on 6.36 so hopefully it's not an issue.

What's new in 6.34.1 (2016-Feb-02 14:08):
    *) interface - fixed stats that were 8x smaller;
    *) traffic-monitor - fixed stats that were 8x smaller;

I've tried this with two different routers (same model), on two very different networks, and am getting the same results with both.

Any ideas on how to track down the source of this problem would be very welcome. Thank you.

josephchidiac
just joined

Re: IP/Accounting - can't get accurate data

Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:17 pm

I have the same issue,
Anny fix for this?