csalcedo
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

2 LTE that have the same ip address need to load balance

Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:50 am

Hi Guys,

I have the following situation,
I have a hap ac lite and I would like to use 2 lte usb dongles. They will be connected via a powered usb hub so power is not a problem 
I get the HAP to recognize each dongle separately with out issues (they come up as LTE1 and LTE2).
With one plugged in everything works internet works fine ans does the hotspot etc
The problem comes in that they are Huawei 3772 and are Hylink enabled (changing firmware to ppp is not an option). They act like Ethernet interfaces and have their own dhcp server and nat. 
If I plug in both they both have the same IP address. There is no way to change this (as far as I can tell). Both come up with 192.168.8.1 (they do have different mac address).

Is there a way that the HAP can do load balancing in this scenario??   The reason to do load balancing is that the data plans are for 100gb/month and typical use would be about 150gb/month.

With load balancing there is a shot that I can get to the end of the month without having the bandwidth go to 100k (typical 4g is 20M) and then going through the hassle of topping up with more data. 
Maybe using metarouter to isolate or some other way.

I need to use LTE because there is no other way to get data where I am at (Rural)  

Any help is appreciated

__________               __________
LTE1----------->|                   |               |                   |
                        |  USB  HUB |---------->|  HAP          | 
LTE2----------->|__________|              |_________ |

Thanks

irghost
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: 2 LTE that have the same ip address need to load balance

Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:51 am

You can upgrade your WeB Ui to 17.100.13.01.03
so you will have an access to DHCP - Server

MTCNA MTCRE MTCTCE MTCUME MTCWE MTCIPv6E MTCINE

IntrusDave
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:01 am

My first thought would be to skip the load balancing and go with a script that monitors the bandwidth usage of the interfaces. Start with LTE1 enables and LTE2 disabled. Once LTE1 hits about 95Gigs, disable it and enable LTE2. If they are show up as the same IP, then routing will be very simple. Just put both interfaces in a bridge and use the bridge as the WAN.

With PCC load balancing, you won't have any guarantee that one link doesn't use more than the other. Example - I have two WAN's in my home (wan0 & wan1). Both are 100x5 cable. Today, wan0 is at 2.5GB and wan1 is at 22GB. You have no way of predicting how much bandwidth a connection will use.
David Joyce
Network & Security Engineer
Intrus Technologies, LLC.
Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA

csalcedo
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:16 am

wrong post...
Last edited by csalcedo on Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

csalcedo
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:07 am

irghost,

Can you help me on the update??. I have downloaded the update (lots of places on the internet have it) but I cant load it because the installer asks for a code of some sort... I dont know where to get the code....

csalcedo
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:32 am

I was able to get the web ui updated to the version mentioned above but I still do not have dhcp options

this is the firmware version: 22.200.13.00.916
This is the web ui version: 17.100.13.01.03

Do i need a fiferent firmware version?? is so what version

khatibim79
just joined

Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:10 pm

Hi dear Csalcedo!
I will help you in upgrading your E3372S.today i was searching for our problem. Now i found the Way. First be sure that your modem is E3372s. Then download this link.this is firmeware about it.click this( https://doc-10-4k-docs.googleuserconten ... e=download).after downloading finished you need to change your modem mode from hi link to stick mode. after finished your windows add it to your network Adaptors.and you can directly search for networks without web Ui. If through the flash installation need the password go to (http://www.modemunlock.com/huawei.php) . then enter the IMEI of your modem then it generate for you 2 codes . you need to enter Flash code.(all these is about to downgrading)
because of your need that the MODEM being known by routerboard you need to upgrade it againe. then go to STICK TO HI LINK folder. now you need to install firmware 22.x . after instalation compelete.install the MODED WEB UI . after finishing the installation. you can go to your modem ip deafault(192.168.8.1) . then change the language from the above the page to ENGLISH. now you can go to settings and set you dhcp settings.
I test this instruction on my E3372S successfully and it works great!