Community discussions

MikroTik App

AlexeyS
just joined
Topic Author

wAP configuration

Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:52 pm

Hi.

I have two APs (RBwAP2nD) with RouterOS ver. 6.36.

I've tried to connect to it both via winbox and web using ethernet connection - no result, no ping to device (192.168.88.1).
But I could discover SSID with the name of "Mikrotik ####", where # - the last four characters of MAC. Winbox and web connections were established using Wi-Fi connection.

I've tried another version - 6.32.4, 6.32.1. The same.

Could I connect to wAP using wired medium? what does it depend on?

romihg
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: wAP configuration

Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:08 pm

Use android application Tik-app to connect to device on wireless connection. Tik-app is beta status so you must first enroll in.

http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=98407

Ethernet and wireless must be in bridge than you can connnect via ethernet.

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:13 pm

Default configuration from factory sets ether1 as WAN port (protected by firewall and mac discovery disabled).

Either you connect laptop to wireless and then use winbox, webfig etc, or you use mobile device with tikapp or webfig.

Another option is to hold reset button for 10seconds while booting to load cap config and then use ethernet to connect.

k5nic
just joined

Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:37 pm

It is ridiculous to have a default config on a 2 port device that disables 1 port and blocks access to the other! Would it not be possible to use one default config for the routers for security, and a different one for APs? That would make way more sense!

If I wasn't so sold on MikroTik and had been using them for several years, I would have returned my "defective" APs, and written MikroTik off as garbage! Not a good way to impress future customers! Just saying!